Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: coupe...lift back???
6G Celicas Forums > 6th Generation Celica > General Discussion
urbandork
Ive been told that the coupe has a trunk and the liftback is a hatchback.

Am i right to think that if the door on the back lifts up and the back window is part of that door that its a liftback (like an integra). If this is correced then I live in Cali and it seems that i have only have seen 6th gens in lift back style unless they are convertibles.

Can anyone point me in the direction of a pic of a 6th gen non convertible coupe if there is such a thing?

Or have i got things totally twisted?

confused confused.gif

thanks in advance for helping a nu b make sence of things

urbandork
wow lol i was just browsing around and saw that on aznxrussel's sig theres a 6th gen hard top coupe. So i guess now i know what one looks like, but how come i havnt seen any in Los Angeles area.

Is there any weight distribution, performance, or aerodynamic diffrence between a lift back and a coupe.
turboinduction
nah, just pretty rare compared to HB's

EDIT: Hatches are wayyyy sexier... lol coupe guys
shid
check my profile for a coupe vert.. and coomer"s for a couple hardtop..

you from toyotanation?
Sh0gunkid8721
Coupes are lighter from what i been told. Not much difference i dont think; but thats the only difference that i can think of, besides the trunk.
Coomer
QUOTE (Sh0gunkid8721 @ Jul 16, 2004 - 9:38 AM)
Coupes are lighter from what i been told. Not much difference i dont think; but thats the only difference that i can think of, besides the trunk.

Due to the solid rear deck, they're more structurally rigid as well.
Supersprynt
and ALOT sexier than a clunky hatch
urbandork
all hatch ppl raise their hand *raises hand* lol i guess you know were my loyaties lay lol jk

but yeah i like that hatch back look i guess.
Coomer
Hehe, let's not get this argument started again. wink.gif

You'll quickly realize that there's quite a controversy over what's better...each body style has its ups and downs, and everyone has their own personal opinion. smile.gif

And by the way, I just realized that you're new. Welcome to the site! biggrin.gif
urbandork
yeah thanks for the welcome

I actually got started with toyotas with a 01 corolla 5 spd s type boy that was a yummy car. I post on Toyotanation (TN) as well. When i got my 6th gen celica i started to post in the celica section rather then the corolla section. (didnt have my rolla n e more)

However i found that on TN i guess not to many ppl have 6th gens and more had older or new generations. I both found and was pointed to this site and already have had all my nu b questions answered super fast and with a great deal of information.

Thanks to all that have helped this nu b lol

smile.gif
shid
It's not that people on TN don't have 6th gens, or the 6th gens aren't popular.. its just that THIS site exists, and so everyone just goes here.. Whenever I see someone posting a 6th gen question on another website, I tell them to just come here.
Supersprynt
Yeah you wont find more answers any quicker any place on the internet.

If you got a 6gc, this is the place to be.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.