Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Engine got blown up
6G Celicas Forums > 6th Generation Celica > General Discussion
StarGirl97
Does anybody know if the cops can do anything if somebody actully got into your car and lossened your oil filter so all your oil would leek out and your engine would blow up? Because that is what happened to me in the last 3 days. I know there is a group of the like 5 people that use to be my friends untill about 2 weeks ago, but im not sure if it was the whole group or just one of them that did. They did it because i broke up with my boyfriend and they were mad at me for it.

So if anybody has had something simaler happen to them or somebody they know let me know.
shid
Uhm, file a police report? Get it well documented? See if you can get witnesses or someone to confess? and then sue them? it'd really be a civil matter
ScoobyDooCruiser
The police probably won't care. Two reasons: 1. Compared to murder, car theft, rapes, and other crimes, this isn't too high up on the importance list. 2. Unless you have good solid evidence, it would be your word against theirs, the types of cases police usually stay out of.

Reccomendation: File a claim with insurance, and see what your agent says, or get some other friends to kick the crud out of the guys who messed with you. Your pretty much on your own though. Good luck.
jgreening
criminal damage to property? In Illinois it would be a class 4 felony punishable by up to $10,000 fine and 3 years in jail. First offender probably wouldn't do jail time though. I encourage you to file a police report and follow up with the prosecutor. Ideally, the prosecutor can order the defendant to pay restitution as a part of any plea agreement.
95STHATCH
Here's a simple solution>tape razor blades to your oil filter. Even if they do happen to lose a finger what are they gonna do?sue you.
moltar
LOL
celimanST
lmao
lagos
how did they get to your filter in the 1st place? they would have had to brake into the car, pop the hood, then undo the filter. you shure its not something that just happened by accident, or maby your local oil change place messed up?

file a police report just so that u have one, but unless you have a witness, nothing will come of this.
brianforster
insurance and police wont care unless they broke into your car, because you should had had your doors locked
tufy
don't you have low oil warning light at your car? confused.gif
or didnt you see oils under your car? and its easier to take out oil by taking off the screw at bottom. it needs special tool to take off oil filter.
SlowCelica94
when's the last time your oil was changed, and who did it?
Anub1s
QUOTE (tufy @ Jul 17, 2004 - 3:51 PM)
don't you have low oil warning light at your car? confused.gif
or didnt you see oils under your car? and its easier to take out oil by taking off the screw at bottom. it needs special tool to take off oil filter.

special tool my left nut... just tuff it off! It shouldn't be that hard if you put it on right. Anyways, my thoughts are that you will have no way of proving it. Unless you get finger prints off of your oil filter, there really is no way, short of video, that you can prove that they did it. The oil filter could have been shaken loose if not installed properly. Who did your oil last?
jgreening
insurance and police wont care unless they broke into your car, because you should had had your doors locked

If you can prove they did it, this is a false statement.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.