Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: How to acheive a 3" drop
6G Celicas Forums > 6th Generation Celica > Suspension/Handling/Braking
dustin15brown
Hey everyone... I'm in the mind frame now of droppin the Celica 3". I want this to be a smooth ride and I would appreciate yalls helps as much as possible. If u can provide names cost and whatever else. Thanks
Dustin
moltar
won't happen. only thing that goes that low is coilovers, and those won't be comfortable.
moltar
looking at your pics you don't need that big of drop... nor do I even think it is possible with 18s.
dustin15brown
So what would u guys recomend> how much of a drop and all that good shi*! lol thanks again
moltar
For 18s, I'm not sure, intrax springs give a good 2" drop all around I believe, but don't rush out and get them cuz i'm not sure if you'll rub. Might want to just get some Eibachs? Run a search for Eibach springs and you'll get a lot of results. Take a look at tein springs as well. For 125 you can get Teins... might want to get new shocks, KYBs would be around 200dollars for all four corners and then you'd have to pay to have them put on I'd assume. Best bet is to search for Tein and Eibach springs on here, there have been numerous discussions.
Cormudgen
I disagree

I had Ground Control coilovers on my car for over 6 months. It was not unbarebaly uncomforatable. That was on stock shocks also. I think if you use ground controls and upgrade your shocks you will be fine. I"m now riding around on Eibach sportlines and I miss the stiffness of the coilovers. A lot less body roll with them. The amount of comfort loss notices is MINIMAL.

*my ground controls are for sale now btw* and also that wasnt a sales pitch above just the truth
98celica3
Eibach sportlines and koni yellows would give you what you want with your 18's. i wouldn't worry about rubbing unless you go with coil-overs.
adam
flipside97LTD
Hey 98celica3, I noticed you're using H&R wheel spacers with you're rims. I'm planning on getting 8.5" wide rims. From you're experience would I need to get the spacer's still or would that 1" wider rim fill it just right?

flipside97LTD
And by the way, what drop are you running the coilover's on? I'd love to do the same size drop but with springs.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.