Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Raced a Lancer (not an evo) but had a nice suprise
6G Celicas Forums > 6th Generation Celica > General Discussion
Sev408
I was on my main road Rt. 234 for people like Drocay biggrin.gif Anyways this dude in a yellow lancer reved at me. I was like ok wtf, just did the swap lets see how it performs with no interior. Light turned green and i droped it at 3k chirped the tires and took off on him. I kept accelerating all the way to 60 passed him and then i slowed down. Little to my suprise a primered black car pulls up beside me and shifts. All i hear is his blow off valve. I was like o sh*t look over. guy had his windows up and relized it was an old school 240 hatch with a Sil80 head light swap. I said SR20 and he just nodded with a big azz grin. The light turned red so we both stopped and i started talking to him.

Coolest part, I hopped out of the celi and shook the guys hand. Its the first Sr20 swap ive seen in person and the dude followed me back to my area and when i turned off he gave me a nice blow off. Needless to say that car is wicked fast. He had an underdrive pulley kit, FMIC, Greddy Boost Controller, Greddy BOV and some other minor parts along with his kit and rims. He was going in for paint on Wednesday to have it painted black.

Anyway thought i would share , even though im just rambling.

--Scott
Supersprynt
By swap u mean tranny swap?
DId you be the Lancer?
Sev408
yes trans swap, yes i won
dstrbcelica
thank god you won...
LatinKraze
The base model lancer? ES right?

Good kill tho.
97Celica
It's always cool meeting new people.. Most of the time..if someone tries to keep up with how much of a crazy driver I am..I will pull over and engage in friendly conversation..That is how I met 3 of the guys in my car club..aha
97sccelica
i raced a friend of mine that has a sr20det in his 95-96 240sx.

stock boost, upgraded DP, and intake.

it was the 2nd swapped 240 i have seen driving on the street.

racing him it was completely a drivers race.
lagos
lol, you had me confused when u said "THE SWAP". i was thinking u put a 3s in there, then i checked your profile and it said tranny swap...lol
Sev408
lol if i had a 3s then i should have crushed the lancer and then raced the 240 with the sr.

but i didnt so i didnt feel like making my self look like a fool.
Consynx
the 240, was it all primered except for the top(higher than doors)?
and was it a coupe?(i know you said hatch, but it might have been instinct
one last Q, was it on 5Zigen Fn01kr's or w/e the hell they are(5-spoke)?

my buddy got rid of his old 240 which was in that state, and traded the guy for his WRX.
Sev408
umm they were 5 spokes but not the FN01rs they had fatter spokes on it. To me it looked like the whole car was primed black. Im pretty sure it was a hatch but it may have been a coupe. I only glanced at its tail end.

he did however have S13 headlights.
Consynx
still mighta been my bud's old car tongue.gif

he did the whole front end S13 conversion
the calipers and hubs were painted red, he did a custom little wiring job on the indiglo's and such
if i remember right it had the HKS style filter(half a sphere) in green...
and was a 13.21 car running 15PSI
Sev408
damn well it may have been. wish i had my digi or a camera for that pic.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.