Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: prepareing my 3s-ge to go in
6G Celicas Forums > 6th Generation Celica > Engine/Transmission/Maintenance
Digndoug
Ok, iv been spending all summer cleanign my garage so i can do the swap. now thats done, my buddie is going to bring over his engne left, and take the tranny off, and start doign some simple things to the engine. So far I was just thinking plugs, wires, cap, oil filter, timing belt ... what else do yuo think i should do, my buddy recomended I also do the valve cover gasket, he always does that to his before he swaps. He has done like 15 swaps, but there all on mazda so he says he knows nothing about toyota. Also sence its a 3s-ge can I just get the plugs an all that stuff for the Udm Mr2 turbo, I wasnt sure cause this is n/a and thats turbo.. argg so many questions.. Well any info or thoughts would help thanks

Doug
presure2
umm id say do the water pump if your gonna do the timing belt, just cause you'll be there, and it'll be so much easier with it out.
with the wires and stuff do the rotor too, although ya prolly just forgot to write it..lol wink.gif
i dont think you'll wanna use the turbo's plugs, tho i could be wrong..
manny
Digndoug
well i was havign concerns about the wires? If i cant use the 3s-gte ones.. any idea what i might use? anyone.. Im tyring to pick some stuff up tomorrow. Thanks
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.