Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Your next (or current) projects
6G Celicas Forums > 6th Generation Celica > General Discussion
Akimbo
Well, what's everyone's next/current projects? Keep it real and not dreams please.
Right now, I'm working on getting together with some friends to get my Tein S-tech springs on. After than I'm going to be putting on my lip kit and getting it painted, vice versa actually. Then I need to find a spoiler. Also, I'm working on buying some 7th gen GTS rims. And, I'm waiting to get my Street Glow gold series neons working cuz a tube got shattered. Pretty soon my car should look like the little manga car I drew in paint with the spoiler. Today I will be tinting my tails.

Next?
playr158
i'm in the process of putting kyb gr-2's on the rear, plans to make a rear lip, tint the tails, and an OPTIX LED under car kit
chucho
Gotta get my car painted. As soon as thats done I'm going to do the NA power thing. Get my head worked on and buy this block. And get the cams done. Should give me alittle more speed & keep the car reliable.

After i finish my celica and move out the house, which i should not b spending money and just concentrate on this, i'm going after some old school big block power. I may buy my friends falcon w/ a 351 in it. And make it a drag car but i dont know. I think i'm going to need a bigger block than that. We'll just have to wait and see what i can get ahold of.
Kwanza26
I'm currently working on: One AE86 SR5 to GTS conversion (built smallport 4AGE), two GTS motor swaps (one 87 AE86 and one 90 AE92, replacing a siezed motor and one with rod failure), tranny replacement for an EK9 hatch. I have like 4 4AGE's around the shop, a 4AC, a K20A3, a Civic D16 tranny, and we just recently finished a DA6 (for the third time) and a JDM B16B swap into an EG6...

As for the Celica... de-tuning her down a bit for daily driving. I'm also looking to buy/trade for an JDM ST202 from a dude in WA, which might turn into something, but I'm not gonna hold my breath on that one. I'd soooo love to build a 3SGE powered 6th gen... but options are limited... aside from that... juggling 2 jobs and awaiting school...
Consynx
simple and plain:
finish up exterior styling w/ little susp work:
Tint, JDM Projectors, Gunmetal Wheels w/ reg. lip, Tein SS Coil-overs, License Plate Shaved, Tail Light Covers.
boosted_K2
its no celica but:

1. finish the current project and get it running again
2. New exhaust (possably custom dual exhaust with 2 veilside or blitz cannisters)
3. New seats and steering wheel (most likely sparco for both)
4. Massive turbo upgrade project.
mikew04
New axles! Yay!
Then saving money. School is expensive.
madmods
Well this sunday, I am going to start putting on the pakfiefer rear end thats made for a hatchback on my coupe. I thought for now I will use rivets since I can grind them off easy and warp the panels with my heat gun until they stay in place. I will then mold it in and fabricate(make them longer) the sides a la "neverstop". Im trying to trade my playstation 2 for my ex's camera. I need the camera so I can take pics.
tufy
now i am plannin to make my custom hand brake and shift knob.. i ll let you know in a few weeks. and plannin to re paint roll cage. which colour do you think will be the best?
Drocay
1. install my gt4 hood that came in and start my fg trunk
2. order rest of gt4 parts
3. get whole car repainted
97sccelica
also non celica

280zx turbo engine swap into 1973 240z with 5spd trans(next week hopefully)

up pipe and gauges for my WRX(right after the engine swap)

turbo back exhaust for my WRX(when it comes in after i order it on monday)
pxcr440
as soon as i finish turbo my celica i am gunna be looking for a project car for school this fall , " collision repair and refinishing " , i am looking for a 70-72 chevelle ,
moltar
Well, the car is waiting to go in for paint on the 26th to get the TRD wing, 'rare' ViS sides, and OEM extensions installed/painted. Once it gets home, hopefully around the 28th if all goes as planned at the paint shop it'll be time to do some suspension work. I already have new struts for all four corners (KYB GR-2s), and Ground Control coilovers ready to go on. Haven't decided if I'm going to try and tackle the task myself, or just let my mechanic do it. I think it'd be a good experience and that I have to start somewhere, so I'm looking into buying some nice jacks and the rest of the necessary tools. After the suspension is on, I have wheels to take care of. I already bought a set of MSR mesh wheels off of LatinKraze. He had said that one tire was flat but it turned out the rim was cracked, so I just got the rim repaired (on a side note, LatinKraze is a great guy, when I told him about the crack he actually PAYPALED me the money to cover it) and they're waiting to go on. Along with the strut installation I'm putting on the cusco rear strut brace. Once all the stuff I have (all that is mentioned above) is installed I plan on working on brakes/suspension some more. Looking at investing in some suspension techniques sway bars, along w/ doing the rear disk brake conversion (my car is an ST). Hopefully get a DG_Performance front strut brace, and then I'll go from there. Maybe next summer an engine swap or something, we'll see.
reborn0323
right now i'm saving up for my next project cuz it's gonna be a big one - i've decided to do everything at once next:

- tein coilovers
- strut brace
- sway bars
- 3sgte swap - either xatracing or local shop
- paint job
celimanST
I am still purchasing equipment for my audio install.

I still need to get:

2 8" kicker subs for the doors
1 capacitor
2 10" audiobaun subs(dont rag me I cant affor what I want)

then once I have purchase these things I will do some fiberglassing, some cutting and some drilling to make my enclosure. But first I am going to sound deaden my doors and trunk area. I will also be making a false floor to where one of my after market will be visible.

IT WILL BE SWEET WHEN I AM DONE

After this I think my suspention will need to be upgraded I am thinking KYB GR2 and Aerospeed coilovers. Also some stuff from DG so that my handling will be greatly improved this will prolly be in December sometime or when ever I get to to it.

I have hood scoop that I want put on but before I do that I need a new front bumper(C-one replica). Then some side skirts and a rear lip. Then finally a paint job either blue or yellow I have not figured out which one but I am leaning toward yellow.

William
tysO
oh wow tein coils smile.gif i really really want that..

well im getting my sides and front this week and i already got rear extentions..so i'll be posting new pics soon! biggrin.gif
moltar
QUOTE (reborn0323 @ Jul 24, 2004 - 6:13 AM)
right now i'm saving up for my next project cuz it's gonna be a big one - i've decided to do everything at once next:

- tein coilovers
- strut brace
- sway bars
- 3sgte swap - either xatracing or local shop
- paint job

that's like... 10,000$ lol. You sure you want to put that in a celica?
97Celica
Well.. I was going to trade my Celica for a Delorean...and go back to the future...ahaha...
J/k..
Current List:
1.Paintjob (just finished my exterior:new wing,Z3 fenders,Invader kit,Rims,Tint)
2.Put in my T-25 Turbo
3.Race every gay civic for money and when I save up enough buy every "hooked up" civic aka civics with fart can exhausts and vtec stickers and drive them off a cliff one by one.
4.Maybe chrome my GT-S rims in BLACK.
Phat_99CeliGT
im in the process of trying to get my car back this week.
does that count??

other then that, i quit with the celica till winter.
FAQdaWorld
I'm still workin on trying to get the 4agze in? Other than that i just wanna get the celica back and running
jgreening
When I get her back with the 3sgte, body kit is next. I am having a very difficult time deciding on what to do. After that, its seats. Next year I will probably upgrade the turbo to a ct20b but I want to see how she feels with the ct-26 first.
turboinduction
Current Project:
TEIN springs
KYB struts
vented disc brakes
stainless steel brake lines

All in my garage waiting for me to have a day off wink.gif

Future (November - April projects)

Exterior-
Full bodykit (Blitz front/Z glide side/TRD extensions/ GT4 spoiler)
Custom hood by me (i'm not telling tongue.gif but its gonna be sweet)
Bullet fenders

Interior-
Custom paint job (was planning to do this project this month, but time is narrow and I'd like it do it when She's outta commission this winter - Two tone. Black on top, silver accents, dark metallica grey for bottom)
Autoleathers.com leather seats.
Momo crazy with wheel, knob, pedals, and boot
Sony Xplod everything (this might get bumped to next month if I have time ... parts are already in the garage)

Engine-
This is a toughy as I haven't quite desided what to do as of yet. I have about 10-20 grand to blow on a vehicle come November. I'm either gonna get a small truck (Ranger) or another car (MR2 / Solara). I've I get the MR2, I wont do much performace to the Celica as the MR2 will be my performace machine. If I get the Ranger or the Solara, I will build a turbo 5S with 250-300crank HP. Using all kinds of stuff. I'll have to think more on this over the next month.
Supersprynt
Swapping out the GT tranny for an MR2T tranny with LSD and a Clutchmasters Stage 4.
Front Mount Intercooler Setup
Water Injection
Upgraded Turbo

A lew of recent events some of thats being put on hold because my brothers n/a MR2 basically blew up so we're going to take that out, bore it, perhaps stroke it too, and put it back in.
SlowCelica94
The bummer with a project, is you it always cost so much more then you expect. Then crap break and you gotta fix that first...

-koni yellows
-some acesseries to my nitrous
-get the damn nitrous hooked up
- side skirts

Then I'm done.
celicarocker
finish fitting my kit and fenders so i can get it in the bodyshop to get some paint thrown on it. then a new spoiler, still havent decided what to do... the stock 2 post coupe one (i have the 3 post, the 2 post sits up higher) or a supra style one... then some rims... prolly something 5 spoke.... then take a break....
BLINKYxMUNKEY
next project for me is lowering my car. Ground Control coilovers w/ Koni shocks. Then when that is done, Im going to work on my system which i already have subs for, but no amp or wiring and will be builing a box for it. also, in the plans is think of a body kit or atleast get sideskirts.
Digndoug
Well, what im working on, is finishing getting the rest of the stuff to finish my 3s-ge swap.. or sell the engine, then sell the car .. i cant decied what i want to do, Im not really in love with my car .. so im not sure how much money i wanna put into it. Im thinking that once i get my 3s engine in, I wil be happy until i finish my classes, then get my M3 .. biggrin.gif but other then the gnine I think im gunna be done, maybe sway bars, but i think thats it.
S_C_M
I have to finish fitting some new sway bar bushings on the back of my car. Will be done this week. I also need to mail some cams off; going to have them reground.

Future:
Install new cams
Reconfigure my CAI
Attempt to buff out paint.
Rear disks and better front brake cooling

Hypothetically:
New paint.
Clipsetuner
1983 Datsun 280zx
-full white interior
-engine overhauled
-Turbo + Nitrous
good enough for show car, yet just my sunday driver.

1972 Blazer
-Get Running
-6" lift and 35" Tires
-Paint
-System
-Topper
Fun just goto the beach party rig.

So Far...
I get to many thoughts on waht I should todo cars...
Never thought Id own a Datsun.
DTE
Coomer
I'm currently working on my audio system. I'm gonna have a custom trunk setup that'll be pretty nice.
Cormudgen
the front 404 lip and i'll be finsiehd with the outside for a while......way down the raod i will get a rear lip

but once the lip is on

i will move to interior
audio
computer
seats

then the car will be finsiehd till the engine goes. then not sure
gtcelica94
user posted image

i started it on sunday , i should have it all together next sat and painted in with in next week. so im guessing 2weeks all together if im lucky

grill in progress
user posted image

user posted image
BlackCelicaGT94
my current project is getting toysport to get their lazy asses working and sending up my projectors then put them in.

then within the year i hope to have c1 lip, car painted black with a pearl in it then super charge

the super charge may not happen cuz i almost would rather have an r6 bike
shid
1) NA work
2) Turbo kit (doing these two at the same time)
3) suspension
4) Finish up interior
5) exterior
Tru_Pol
Im in the process of building my own tail-lights using the body of the OEM tails. Then I am swapping the high beams with the low beams, and putting a turn signel in the high beams (outer lights.)
After that I am putting a cover over the area where the rear licence plate is located, and finaly putting a body kit on.

I have alot more planned!

J-
Mynzeyes
go to cincy and get moltar's motor/tranny/etc...
take out the GZE
put in the 7afe
make the celica run again.
put the GZE away until i get a new harness..
put the GZE in the 'rolla. wink.gif.

-John-
Seth6Gen
Step 1: Buy new celica. (sold my old one)
Step 2: Make it pretty.
Step 3: Make it handle good.
Step 4: Make it fast.

edit : Step 2a: Make it sound good
neoklis
Just finished custom front and rear lips.

next project: making the console and doors half leather

lowering it with TRD springs
Magic
C-One front lip and custom rear lip and Tuning from Mr.Koyama:)

Tressa95
Just finished up getting my Corbeau CR1 seats in (adding pics tonight)

Will be starting on the turbo in about 2 weeks
This winter I will be getting rid of my back seat and having my sterio redone
I am planning on a new paint job by next July
RedSunCelica
6gen Celica
-remove body kit
-upgrade sway bars (2 weeks)
-remove 17x6 rims and replace with 15x7 inch rims
-Boost

all done by december

1972 DATSUN 510
-fix body (PAINT)
-upgrade to coilover suspension with front and rear sway and strut bars
-upgrade to big brake kit set up
-upgrade interior (make it look nice)
-upgrade to either a SR20 motor or KA motor or keep the original L16 motor.

all done by summer 2005
ghostdog
QUOTE (Mynzeyes @ Jul 25, 2004 - 11:33 PM)
go to cincy and get moltar's motor/tranny/etc...
take out the GZE
put in the 7afe
make the celica run again.
put the GZE away until i get a new harness..
put the GZE in the 'rolla. wink.gif.

-John-

John I think I love you.

- paint the car
- get a job that pays money
- put in 3sgte

its a very rough plan, but I intend to stick to it wink.gif
urbandork
8" subs in door.
fastgt
crap...im half way done with the list haha

put the 404a lip on
put stock sides(considering 404 sides)
finish up the ct26 kit(almost done with that)
repaint the car
redo the interior
redo sound system
maybe new rims
Sev408
fiberglass my custom kit
purchase rims
repaint car

consider motor swap or rebuild the 7a and turbo it
flipside97LTD
-Putting on Veilside (knock off) kit
-Shaving side markers

user posted image

-welding up the holes from the oem spoiler so i can put on the hiro one

user posted image

-I welded in a hood vent and now I'm shaping it.

user posted image
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.