Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Do people offer to buy your car?
6G Celicas Forums > 6th Generation Celica > General Discussion
coustoe
I dont know if they actually want to buy my car or just find out what the value is so they can steal it. But ive been asked on several occasions if my car was for sale....
red_94gts
yeah i used to get that alot. but it wasnt for sale, but now that i think i want to sell it, no one is offering!
drnovascotia
The day after I bought my car, my girl was picking up **** from Sams Club, and the dood took one look at it and told my gf whatever I paid for it he'd pay 2K more. My gf knew I loved it so much that she just laughed and walked away.

Dr.
boosted_K2
haha thats because your car is hot **** coustoe =D
obi1kinob
i went to the pizza shop to pick up some pizzas and the guy ran to my car and asked me if it was for sale. he said his little sister wanted a car, any good looking car, as long as it was convertible.

women love convertibles.
Akimbo
Yeah someone today wantd to buy my car.
spunky393
i always reply "you couldn't afford it." I won't be getting rid of my first baby, as long as it keeps runnin.
Ryu3x16
everytime i pull into a dealership....one of the sales guy would ask me if I want to sell my car.... does that count?
95STHATCH
Next time they ask just say "more than you can afford,pal" and then rev the engine biggrin.gif
dstrbcelica
QUOTE (95STHATCH @ Jul 25, 2004 - 2:29 AM)
Next time they ask just say "more than you can afford,pal" and then rev the engine biggrin.gif

haha.

i've had ppl leave notes on my car when i first bought it. i found out who it was too..some crazy lady. she bought her daughter a 95 gt hatch though smile.gif
SlowCelica94
Who'd wanna buy a celica? j/k

A lot of people ask me if my car is a supra. To which I reply, "of course"
NYCelica
Last week I went to the Gas station to get a Drink, then this Guy came up to me and asked me if this was a Porsche. I laughed and said No its not...is Celica, then he Said it looks so Badass.
DamDirtyApes
yea alot of people have asked if it was a supra. also i always get the, MAN UR CAR MUST BE WICKED FAST WHATS UNDER THE HOOD. of course to that i say its confidential... even tho its nuttin lol. alot of people want to buy my car but its to expensive for alot of kids around here
DJMC_Celica
I had a woman come up and say "OK i've seen this car before, in the fast car movie," i start to chuckle, and she notes that she is looking for a car for her daughter and was curious if i ever thought about selling it. So i said well....i would if the price is right, and told her $25gs. Knowing that she would say forget it, i love my baby too much!!! wink.gif
coustoe
I wonder if people are actually serious about buying, or maybe that lady was trying to hit on you o_0
spunky393
when i get the "what's under the hood question," i've replied with, "well, for one, it's confidential, and two, i'll wait for you to leave before i turn it over."
Manta5x
QUOTE (spunky393 @ Jul 25, 2004 - 6:03 AM)
i always reply "you couldn't afford it." I won't be getting rid of my first baby, as long as it keeps runnin.

thats exactly how I feel, if its still running, its worth the price of a new car.

shid
QUOTE (spunky393 @ Jul 26, 2004 - 1:28 AM)
when i get the "what's under the hood question," i've replied with, "well, for one, it's confidential, and two, i'll wait for you to leave before i turn it over."

lol, thats great
Magic
I have very serious problem with that:)
People who know me and my car asking me to sell my babe:)
Andason
QUOTE (Magic @ Jul 26, 2004 - 12:30 AM)
I have very serious problem with that:)
People who know me and my car asking me to sell my babe:)

magic sell me your car.
Tressa95
I get people asking me what I want to sell it for all the time...When I say its not for sale the ask well how much for your rims? I just laugh.

Magic
Andason Hahahahahaha.....how much do you offer???Why dont you buy Neoklis GT4???smile.gif
DJMC_Celica
A punk ass kid one time asked me to sell it to him, when i said no, he says well if "i break then do i have to buy it" and he whiped out a quarter. I said if he did he would be eating his next meal with a straw! Little punk ass
SlowCelica94
Get em you E-thug!
Phat_Boi
QUOTE (SlowCelica94 @ Jul 26, 2004 - 8:04 PM)
Get em you E-thug!

lol

No one asked to buy my Celica when I had it, even though it was in mint condition for a '94, and it only had 80k miles on it.

For the Eclipse all the little ricers are always asking but I say, shiz, I want 9 grand for this baby, and their like "Oh, well I can get one cheaper", then they end up getting a Civic rolleyes.gif.
Digndoug
Iv never had any one ask about my car, but also its pretty much stock, well stock looking.. When i had my bimmer every day i had people ask, but they were mostly old peps .. One ladies offered me 10k .. Like i pulled up to ebstbuy this was a week or two after I go it, an then she stoped an was staring, im like what ever. im getting my **** to go into work, and she was like, Is this your fathers car.. Im like no its mine, Shes like oh ok. My husband has loved this style bimmer forever, an im like cool, yeah i love this car. Shes like its our anniversary in 2 weeks.. how much you asking for it. Im like um Its not for sale. Shes like Il give you 10k .. im like What um, Il have to think about that.. An i just bought it an was in love with it, so Im like um, I ended up seling her a 2k stero , an she said if i ever wanted to sell it for me to call her.. . I ended up wrecking her later
but every day, When i went somewere someone asked.. but never really offered..
I know this is about my bimmer but i wanted to share.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.