Full Version: 3sgte swap
6G Celicas Forums > 6th Generation Celica > Engine/Transmission/Maintenance
o8poa8o
TOYOTA
Complete Engine Swaps
Consisting of Engine, Transmission, ECU, All Sensors, Turbo, Wiring Harness
3SGTE 2.0L
http://www.automotive-advantage.com/toyota-JDM.htm

On that site they sell "Complete Engine Swap" set ups, is that all i'd need? I doubt i'll do a 3sgte swap within the next two years biggrin.gif , but im just deaming/thinking about one, i accually emailed them and they said that the swap kit is a 2nd Gen. JDM 3SGTE and it would cost $1495 + shipping. Is that all i'd need plus alot of time! Im still in highschool but im going (hopefully) gettin into the UTI Tech School in one of there many places, then going into the toyota program, and im in the mechanics classes at my highschool right now, and my dads best friend owns a body shop and a tune up (jeffy lube sorta place) and a have a huge garage w/ a car lift, and everything at his house, and said if i ever did the swap i could use his shop tool or his garage. So i'd think i could do it my self, i just might need someone to help out with the wiring harness, and electrical side of the swap.

Pretty much im just wondering if thats all i'd need and what else i'd need to do (i got a welder and no how to use it, and all if i'd need to do any fabricating).
lagos
well...1st of all do a lot more research.. learn all u can about the 3s swap..it will come in handy.

do yourself a favor and buy a clip. that way youll know u have all the right parts.

parts u need...

engine and all its parts.
uncut harness.
ecu.
ignitor
coil
resisotr packs

lots of tools, braker bars, misc tune up parts....and most of all, someone to help u.
trust me, once the coolness factor goes away, you are going to be praying for somone to help you get that 3sgte out of the clip sitting in your garage.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.