Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: gas mileage problems!
6G Celicas Forums > 6th Generation Celica > General Discussion
Verde97
I fill up at the same station every time. I usually will get around 380 miles to the tank (I don't let it get to where the light turns on, but right before) when I have to fill up again. That's babying the car. So, I noticed on my 7afe that for the last three times that I have filled up, I've been getting about 60 less miles per tank. That's horrible. If not more miles, even. Anybody know what I could do to improve it? Or make it go back?
Akimbo
02 Sensor...clean your throttle body maybe?? Put in those different cleaning agents when you fill up.
Hym3n
380 miles O_O

I get right around that, but only when I run it below my empty line. When the warning light cuts on, you still have two gallons, and that's good for ~50miles.. I wouldn't be complaining with 320 at all though, it sounds to me like you're just running it harder. I kept tabs on my mileage/gallons purchased/price/octane for a few months and noticed that when I ran the car harder (or raced it) that my mileage was much worse.

-Brian
Verde97
I put a new 02 sensor in her a couple months ago, so that can't be it. I think I might give her a complete tune up and see where that takes me.
slipgun
OR the hot weather doesnt help millage any either.
shid
Take out your short ram/CAI- and stop lead footing it!
funnyboy117

Wow I just got like 230 and my gas light is on...weak
neoklis
you don't want to know what my gas mileage of GT4 is.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.