Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Transmission problems!!
6G Celicas Forums > 6th Generation Celica > Engine/Transmission/Maintenance
Celica_Guy
My 96 1.8 st has just hit 100,000 miles and has started jumping out of 5th gear. I have owned various Mk1 and Mk2 MR2's in the past and i know that this is a common fault on those cars but ive never heard of a Celica with the same fault. Has anyone else come across this? Ive also developed an oil leak from the gearbox that seems to be coming from the inside of the bell housing.All this happened at the same time!

What the best procedure here?

I can get a recon box for £375 or i can get a box from a breakers yard for around £125. My only concern is that the second hand box may be no better than mine frown.gif and i really cant be bothered doing the job twice!

A garage that does transmissions around the corner say that they can repair the 5th gear using genuine Toyota parts for £250 without even removing the box but that wont solve my oil leak!

Whats the best option?

fastgt
i had an old camry that did this.....my prob was the syncrhos...may just be your prob as well and the oil prob....i dunno what to tell ya
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.