Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Buying a clip
6G Celicas Forums > 6th Generation Celica > Engine/Transmission/Maintenance
Yota
I've been talking to a guy from JARCOINC.com about a clip. I'm interested in purchasing it, however, the clip isn't in the United States yet and it won't be for a couple more weeks. should I wait until the clip arrives in the states before I pay for it, or should I buy it now?

My friend bought a skyline clip from a different importer a year ago. It hadn't gotten to the states before he bought it. So after he paid for it, he waited and waited for the clip to arrive. The importer supposedly lost the clip and filed for bankruptcy.. leaving my friend with out a motor and out all the money he spent..

After witnessing what happened to him, I'm leary about buying a clip that I won't get for ATLEAST a month... What would you guys do?
drdos
wait till they get it, if they require a small depoist then give it to them.

but Jarco is a good company so i wouldent worry to much.
macavely
yea what he said..

just talke to them and let them know you want it.. but your not going to pay for it till the clip is in ther hands over here in the states..
jgreening
Sometimes Jarco sells it before it hits our shores. They typically have pictures of the car when they buy it in Japan. I have every reason to believe that they are a good company. If you want to insure you will get that clip, I would suggest putting a deposit on it if they will do it. If they won't, I tend to agree with everyone else and just wait. Even though they are great, there are a lot of suppliers.

Also, there is a post on celica.net by celica3sgte that has a list of questions for the importer to make sure your clip is ok and comes with everything.
Digndoug
See if you can do an escrow with it or somthing .. like so they know the money is there but they cant touch it until you get your clip.. seems like the safist way when your dealing with that kind of money.
lagos
i wouldnt rush into it...when i was shopping for my 3s, i also talked to jarco. they sent me a pic of a ****ty looking 3rd gen 3s that they wanted me to buy. the thing looked like it would never run. i ended up going with smaller importer that deals on ebay. i got a good price, my clip came with everything (interrior, hood, awd, etc) and best of all, i have proof of milage and my motor runs good.

dont rush to give jarco your money....they could have problems importing the clip and then you may have problems getting your money back....or maby youll find a better deal during that time and want to buy it.
Yota
They've sent me a video of the car running and scoped the whole thing out. I asked for a compression test on the motor before I buy it. He said that they didn't perform a compression test, but when it gets to the states (if I'm still willing to buy it), I can pay for the motor and he'll do a compression test on the motor. if the test fails, I will get my full refund back. He just emailed me and told me that Monday morning, the motor will be in the warehouse..

What should the compression test be?

Should I still consider buying this clip?
latinomasfino
QUOTE (lagos @ Aug 6, 2004 - 5:26 PM)
i wouldnt rush into it...when i was shopping for my 3s, i also talked to jarco. they sent me a pic of a ****ty looking 3rd gen 3s that they wanted me to buy. the thing looked like it would never run. i ended up going with smaller importer that deals on ebay. i got a good price, my clip came with everything (interrior, hood, awd, etc) and best of all, i have proof of milage and my motor runs good.

dont rush to give jarco your money....they could have problems importing the clip and then you may have problems getting your money back....or maby youll find a better deal during that time and want to buy it.

hey lagos where did u get ur clip from? wut company?
o8poa8o
edit: this is to lagos

im not tryin to steal thread but do you have a 3rd gen 3sgte? if you got the whole front clip you gunna use the gt4 hood and bumper and all?
Consynx
compression 8.5:1 on all 3s-gte's

unless you're talking full compression of somethin else..then iunno
sinner96ST
between 180-220 i believe, for all 4 cylinders of course.
shid
Has ANYONE had a problem with Jarco?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2018 Invision Power Services, Inc.