Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Oil Lines, NPT/BSPT Adapters, Oil Dist. Block?
6G Celicas Forums > 6th Generation Celica > Engine/Transmission/Maintenance
Coomer
So I've got two gauges; Oil pressure and oil temperature. They each have their own sending units that need to be mounted to an oil supply. Since it's bad to use a T-fitting or something on the block, as the engine vibrations can easily damage the T-fitting and cause an oil leak and engine damage, here is what I'm thinking.

I'll have a stainless steel 1/8" BSPT male to 1/8" NPT male adapter. This will screw into the block where the stock oil sensor goes.

From the adapter, I'll have a 1/8" braided stainless steel line with NPT fittings on each end. This line will have plenty of slack and will go to the driver's side wall of the engine bay near the fuse box.

The end of the line will hook up to an oil distribution block that will be bolted to the car. On the oil distribution block, all three sending units will be mounted. All of the connections will be sealed with Teflon tape.

Does this sound like a good setup for my oil sensors? Any suggestions before I go ahead and buy the parts to do this?
97sccelica
should work just fine
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.