Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Injen or Weapon R
6G Celicas Forums > 6th Generation Celica > Engine/Transmission/Maintenance
Guenther13
I was wondering if anyone had input on if it was better to put and injen or weapon R short ram on. I have a custom made one but want to go with performance names. Which is better?
Neipas09
Why waste your money on a name brand when a custom intake does the same thing?
BigEdge169
I saw go with the CAI, its better all the way around in my book
Neipas09
I got a CAI and it is way better than any name brand crap you can buy out there.
user posted image
presure2
i guess it depends on st or gt...if its an st you can get a CAI from evilspeedtoe on celica.net for a good price and everyone seems to like them..i have the injen short ram on my gt and i like it...user posted image
ashleyzredcelica
QUOTE (presure2 @ Feb 28, 2003 - 9:23 AM)
i guess it depends on st or gt...if its an st you can get a CAI from evilspeedtoe on celica.net for a good price and everyone seems to like them..i have the injen short ram on my gt and i like it...user posted image

I have Injen short ram too...i really like it. (although i didn't know bout Dr.CAI when i bought it!)
claudio
I was wondering if changing the intake changes the sound of your engine. It would be nice to have a lower sounding engine. A friend of mine said each intake makes different sounds on different cars. Is there a specific brand or type of intake that makes the engine sound lower on a '99 celica gt?

thanks for your help guys.
wink.gif
95STCelica
It doesn't necessarily lower the sound of the engine, makes it more louder and agressive when u rev the engine. If you want to change the overall sound you need an a) exhaust system or b) muffler... wink.gif
Neipas09
I changed my muffler from stock with a Tanabe Medallion and it is deeper than fuk. The growl from the exhaust will shake anything off my dash.
Mage
I have a short ram (Injen, got it slightly used from a member, like hell I'd pay over 75 bucks for a tube of metal and a filter), and all I've noticed is a difference in noise, and accelerating from 2nd is a -tiny- bit more responsive. That it actually makes the car faster is wishful thinking, you're not going to be able to tell the 1% difference in speed. A drop in filter has been shown to be practically just as effective (and will filter air more effectively, though a great cone filter on an intake will be better than a ****ty drop in filter). I'd say the same for a CAI except that the air it takes in is colder (more dense, and therefore more air), but there's always the risk of getting water/crap in there if you're not careful.

As for different sounds, consider what an intake is: a metal tube with a filter. All it's for is reducing restriction (and thus less filtration) of the air going into the throttle body. All it did for me (I don't care for sounding low / aggressive when I have no performance to back it up) was make me more aware of how slow the car is.

WeaponR's intake supposedly isn't bad, but the filter they package with it is horrible.
FallenHero
I have (or had) the Weapon R on my 7a. It wounded EVIL when you crank the car. I thought I had some problems when I cranked it the first time after the install. As of now it's not on the car. I'm not gonna worry about performance until I get out of college. I bought my Dragon intake from nopi for about $180 shipped in January. If you want it, make me an offer.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.