Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Faulty Accelaration
6G Celicas Forums > 6th Generation Celica > Engine/Transmission/Maintenance
macavely
well it seams like i just keep having bad look... frist my ST gets smashed ... then wait and wait and wait and finally get my GT... I say to my self i need to change the brakes... then rear left barke caliper locks up on my.. (not that big of a problem just a pain to fix)... Then a couple of weeks go by and i'm like tell my self "I need to change the Clutch it's about to go" then it just gives out on me on the turnpike takes me 6 hours to get my car towad to my home... then another week to get the paid to get the new clutch installed... 4days after that... shift fork getts F'ed up and the seals on the tranny go to hell... Get that fixed.... and a good 4 weeks go by... no thiis

Topic of ther Post:

after driving 350 miles today with no problem to and from MA. the GT is running great.. no problmes... shiffting thought all the gears great.. when i'm about 5miles from my house... and going up a really stip hill.. when i get to the top i shift into N and press on the brake.. but the car stays at 2k rpm.. at first i thought i wasn't hold ing the brake but the gas... i left up my foot and same thing... i'm like what the puck... so i give it some gas up to 3k and let go.. it drops back down to 750 ... and this happens at ever light itll i get to my house.. no parking so i go around the black ... at this point im kinda pissed off... my foot slips off the clutch and i give it some gas.. she jumps up to 4500 rpm ... then i hear a ping ... so i do it again the ping again...

Now my problme is finding out whats worng...
1. Timing is off
2. Fuel pump problem
3. Valve problem

what do you gues thinK?
Anub1s
How big of a ping is it and where abouts is it coming from? There is a few things that could be causing that sound.... do you have any more specifics?
macavely
its coming from the belt side of the engine... i'm thinking it's the gears or the belt.. (hoping its the belt) .. today i stated up the car and let it run for a while and reved it up and nothing happened...
macavely
ok i don't know why but it stopped.. funny thing is the only thing i did was fill up the tank with 94 octane gas... and added some injector cleaner.. took the saame trip sunday that i did on friday and the car is running so much more smoother and i can feel the power so much more... even fallowed a bmw 645ci doind 120 for about 5 miles ... but i will be getting a full tune up when i get paid again.. and changine the fuel fillter..
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.