Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: What the biggest 17" tire that will fit?
6G Celicas Forums > 6th Generation Celica > Suspension/Handling/Braking
BryonC17
I am wondering what the biggest tire size that will fit a 17 x 7 rims that will fit the Celica? Anything above 225/45/17?
jgreening
Mina has 225/45/17 tires and reports no rubbing. Your speedometer will read 4.1% too slow and the larger size will slightly affect gearing.
recycle
magic had 235/40/17 good year eagle f1 on his gt4 and had no problem fitting. also a friend has the same dimensions on his ss2
tufy
7'' with is so narrow for 225. i have 8'' with with 225 tires. if you want you can fit 225 but they will not look nice.. its not the tire size that shows your tire larger. its the rims. for example 225 tires on 8' rims ll look larger then 225 tires on 7'' rims. so what ever you put it ll look same on 7''. best size for your rims is 205 45 17
bufferdan
7in wide rims will be perfect with 225 width. I had as large as 245 on 7in wide rims. 215 and 225 are about perfect on 7in rims
BryonC17
I live in Ohio and these would be used all year round. I understand it may not look as big, but I would raher protect the rims. I did have a 215/40/17 tire on my Accord and the rims got really hit up, plus the ride was horrible. I had a set of 225-45-17's and those worked pretty good. I am trying to not spend extra money if I don't have to.

I might just end up selling or trading the rims and tires I have now for another set. The rims are Konig Tantrum custom gunmetal. I think the tires are Perilli's.
jgreening
The 215/45/17 is closer to stock size while keeping the 45 sidewall. 205 is even closer but there are not alot of tire choices in that size. Here are some of the best all season tire choices but you may want to check out the reviews on tirerack.com:

pirelli p zero nero m & s; or
continental contiextreme contact
BryonC17
I checked and the tires I do have are 235/45/17's. I don't think these are going to work. I might go with a 215/45....I will check those tires you suggested out. Thanks for all the good info.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.