Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: stuped e-brake light
6G Celicas Forums > 6th Generation Celica > Engine/Transmission/Maintenance
wind
ive searched this forum and have not found my answer yet frown.gif

everytime i brake hard or take certain corners hard my e-brake light flicks on.....

i have looked at the e-brake and cleaned up the switch and made sure all the wires have good contact. i have also monitered my brake fluid to see if there are any leaks and the level has not changed in 3 months.... im about to change my brake pads and would like to stop that damn light from flicking on and off whenever it wants.

any ideas?
macavely
do you have abs?
wind
QUOTE (macavely @ Aug 27, 2004 - 2:22 PM)
do you have abs?

yes and my abs works....ive tested it multiple times biggrin.gif

mabey i should get a mechanic to do an actual diagnostic on it?
macavely
well the lights cooming on could just be your abs working...

or it could be something i had worng with my st that i just remeberd... the ebake handlle was lose( but still worked fine) and every time i wen up hill it would slide up a bit and trigger the sensor and turn the light one..but the cable wasn't being pulled so the brakes wouldn't lock... but the sensore would connecte..
vangSTa_celica
Same thing was happening to me. I added some brake fluid and since then, nothing has appeared.
Supersprynt
Add fluid.
Anub1s
Second that motion. When I first bought my car the brake light came on all the time, I added fluid and now I only see it when my ebrake is on.
lagos
the brake light is not just there to tell you the ebrake is on and has nothing to do with abs (you have an abs light for that) either.

when your brake light comes on while driving, its to tell you something is wrong with your brakes. check your brake fluid level and check for any leaks around the brake master cylinder. brake fluid almost never gets low on its own. usually means that you have a leak somewhere.
wind
QUOTE (lagos @ Aug 27, 2004 - 4:45 PM)
the brake light is not just there to tell you the ebrake is on and has nothing to do with abs (you have an abs light for that) either.

when your brake light comes on while driving, its to tell you something is wrong with your brakes. check your brake fluid level and check for any leaks around the brake master cylinder. brake fluid almost never gets low on its own. usually means that you have a leak somewhere.

my fluid level hasnt changed since i bought the car....so 1 year ago.... its right in the middle of full and low.... mabey i will top it up to full and hopefully that will stop it from flickering

the fluid level was the first thing that came to mind since the light only comes on when i brake hard or make hard turns.... ie: sloshing fluid

well... i will have to try it when i get home
toyotatech3
if it's in the middle that will cause the light to come on when u r cornering. add fluid
Junior
The brake light also comes up when you need new pads. The light comes on when you really need new pads and you're like weeks overs due. Change your pads then see what happens. Solved my problem when I had it.
wind
my pads arnt squeeling.... so they aint overdue biggrin.gif they have about 15% left so im changing them out today and im gonna top off my fluid level.
celicaboston1983
I have the same problem for my fifth gen. changed brakes. then light came on and off so i added fluid its gone again, and now its on like almost all the time. fluid levels are where it supposed to be. Do I have a leak somewhere?
wind
good as new....brake pads still have lots left and i topped off the fluid and no more light
shid
yay
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.