Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 7afe turbo manifolds
6G Celicas Forums > 6th Generation Celica > Engine/Transmission/Maintenance
CelicaB
after looking at what i think is all of the turboed 7's around here i think eveyone is using the jgs tools manifold will the corrola manifold that comes in all of the "kits" fit w/o having the turbo hit the fan shroud (sp?) or anything like that ?? and also what trim t3 would be the most sutable for a "regular" 7afe?? (i put it in quoted cause its a good engine not beat up or ne thing but im not gonna rebuild or do too much internal work for a while) ull prolly get more question from me (hopefully none that have been asked too many times) wink.gif and thanks in advance guys (and gals)
BigEdge169
Besides going with a custom manifold, the JGS is the only one that I've ever seen.
scorpian3243
As far as I knoe JGS hsa quit making the manifold so you have to go custom. That right there makes it a pain in the ass don't it. Do some research though you might find that turboing the st isn't what you want to do. I am not telling you to do anything else I am just saying research you options. I am going to re-build my internals and then turbo. As for JSG not making the manifold I am not 100% sure but pretty sure they are not making it anymore.
playr158
you can use the rolla header but you will need to have an exhaust shop make a lil custom piece for the downpipe
toyotatech3
here http://www.jgstools.com/turbo/index2.html
Rjb23
You can still get turbo manifolds for the 7a from JGS but they just have to be cut and welded.
scorpian3243
Oh. Ok I'm a Dumbass! biggrin.gif
CelicaB
hey thanks for the replies i havent been in town but now im back! yea i saw a corrolla header but i dont like the fact that u can barely use ne thing in the kit that they give you 'sept the turbo(duh) and the JGS header i figure that might be the route to go.....
but like scorpian said there are soo many other options like a 3gste i got all winter to work on it but my mom freaked at me mentioning turbo and my insurance will only go up with nething else that i do to the car
and school is starting and i reaaaaaalllllllly have to bring my grades up so ill hardly have ne time to work on it (well unless i stay up till like 4 in the moring and go to school at 7) but that can only last so long......
or you have my dads idea which would be to custom build a tubeular frame, mustang 2 front end(he swears it'll fit) and some sort of small block scraping the ground all to fit under the hood and of course the 9" rear end spinning some mickey thompsons in tubbed wheel wells (all while keeping the interior haha biggrin.gif ) CRX wanna race?? rolleyes.gif lol yup hes crazy like that and he said he'll fund it too so i donno maybe its time for my car to be out of service for a while ehh?
but yea all just ideas untill they actually happen so now all i gotta do is get a yes ohhh and some cash smile.gif
o8poa8o
tell your dad about how great a 3SGTE engine is, and how its lighter than a small block and turbo'ed cars are more fun to drive and such, and try to get him to get you a front clip and do the swap...
CelicaB
yea getting a clip would be no problem he drives a semi and can get ne where in the u.s. but i was really leaning towards th RWD just cause of traction issues one you get to 300+ hp lighter yes, but i think that you can make up for that in sheer hp numbers later on....
and yes turbo is alway more fun to drive, thats why a turbo'ed small block would be insane (hmm two exausts, two turbos ne one??) but yea i can see all kinds of cash flying away right now lol and plus ther just a dream for now untill he finishes his '37 imperial w/ a blown 454 but yea a 10 second twin turbo small block RWD celica would be awsome to build (no to mention just the sound of twin turbos is great)
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.