Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: I hate not fixing my own car
6G Celicas Forums > 6th Generation Celica > Engine/Transmission/Maintenance
urbandork
Blahhhh

I got my car back monday. After reporting a really bad knock only at 1500 to 2000 rpm it was determined that my crank was at fault. Thus my bottom end was replaced and a new crank kit was put in (as well as about 350 bucks of external parts they thought needed to be changed)

Since the engine was out i decided that i might as well put in a new clutch as the car had a good amount of miles on it.

N e way to the point. After getting my car back ive noticed that the car now has a really bad throttle responce.

I use to be able to have my car rolling in first with no gas, hit the gas and cherp my tires. The samed happend in first when i was in the higher rmp range where torque was best. BUT now when i do this in first at low idle the throtle responce isnt even there. I can have my pedal litterally down to the floor and all it does accelerate reallly really slow and slugish.

What could be causing this????

I usually try to do my own work on my car. but i had to have the shop work on it so the parts could be covered under the warranty. My car was in the shop for nearly 4 weeks.

On top of the slugish throtle i have found that now my engine leaks oil, of which it did not do before and found that some time between me turning my car in and gettting it back a motor mount some where in the back has borken and now clanks around when ever the engine tweeks from the applied torque. Ive also noticed that some plastic cover peices for things under the hood are eithr missing or missing a plastic rivet here and there and are loose.

I spoke to the warranty shop about the motor mount hoping it was loose and someone forgot to tighten it, but the guy said that he doubts its loose and for me to bring it back so they can change it and charge me for it grrrrrrr.

Any and i mean any advice is very much appreciated.

Thanks in advanced.

DamDirtyApes
contact a lawyer, unlesss its a few weeks after the shop work, than your screwed
urbandork
it was less then a week after i ran into problem and i took it back asap on the monday after. I have documented everthing with dates and was told that it will be fixed. If it gets nasty then a lawyer will be called

thanks
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.