Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Its been cool
6G Celicas Forums > 6th Generation Celica > General Discussion
celimanST
After a long hard internal fight I have decided to cell the Celica and get a honda. My reasons are mainly because of school; I would love to keep but the note is to much for me right now ,so I am selling her. I would like to thank everyone that has helped me along the way.

I bid you farewell.

William
ghostdog
nooo don't buy a honda (tho I have nothing against them). get a 94, you can even pick up raek's in b/s for 2200
SlowCelica94
celis and civic r bout the same price right? so y sell, other then celi's r slowwww
Coomer
What kind of a Honda are you planning on buying?
RedSunCelica
if you get a honda i say get the Honda CVCC smile.gif and drop a h22 into it can you imagine the power to weight ratio!!!
celimanST

I am going to get 92-95 civic. Yeah, yeah I know I am going to get flamed but I like them. I can get one of those cheap also I am thinking about a B18c1 or B18c5 for the swap. Which ever I can get my hands on first.

I just wanted to let y'all know that I going to get another celi when get out of college but right now it would be too costly to fix mine up. I can tune a honda for a alot less which reall suck because I love my car.

William
BLINKYxMUNKEY
not happy to see the celi go, but hell you are getting an easier car to mod. personally i would go with a prelude.
chucho
QUOTE (celimanST @ Sep 1, 2004 - 8:30 PM)

I am going to get 92-95 civic. Yeah, yeah I know I am going to get flamed but I like them. I can get one of those cheap also I am thinking about a B18c1 or B18c5 for the swap. Which ever I can get my hands on first.

I just wanted to let y'all know that I going to get another celi when get out of college but right now it would be too costly to fix mine up. I can tune a honda for a alot less which reall suck because I love my car.

William

i'll be swinging through your town on the 17th, if you got free time maybe we can meet up for lunch.

Good luck w/ the civic, is it 'cause they made #2 on that list awhile back
celimanST
What list???

I just like'em wink.gif

I am still going to be sticking around the site though. Like I said I love celicas.

RedSunCelica
QUOTE (celimanST @ Sep 1, 2004 - 9:37 PM)
What list???

I just like'em wink.gif

I am still going to be sticking around the site though. Like I said I love celicas.

yea the civic 92-95 is a nice car. mods are cheap and man keep the outside stock and bam sleeper hehehhee
Raek
QUOTE (gh0st_d0g @ Aug 31, 2004 - 9:06 PM)
nooo don't buy a honda (tho I have nothing against them). get a 94, you can even pick up raek's in b/s for 2200

haha...word!
uzthedentist
celis and civic r bout the same price right? so y sell, other then celi's r slowwww

speak for yourself!

wink.gif
Anub1s
QUOTE (uzthedentist @ Sep 2, 2004 - 7:20 PM)

speak for yourself!

wink.gif

owned.gif
o8poa8o

speak for yourself!

wink.gif

haha tongue.gif
Digndoug
I as well was thinking about trying a civic an doing a swap.. just for somthing to go fast.. but engines are a lot more expensive then i thought.. most are more then an entire 3s-gte clip..
Ale_lock
QUOTE (Digndoug @ Sep 4, 2004 - 1:10 PM)
I as well was thinking about trying a civic an doing a swap.. just for somthing to go fast.. but engines are a lot more expensive then i thought.. most are more then an entire 3s-gte clip..

Cause everyone has a honda rolleyes.gif so they overcharge to make more profit, go hamster! But I also am considering getting me a Civic hatchback to keep me busy along with the celi.
o8poa8o
QUOTE (Meonspeed @ Sep 4, 2004 - 5:20 PM)
Cause everyone has a honda  rolleyes.gif so they overcharge to make more profit, go hamster! But I also am considering getting me a Civic hatchback to keep me busy along with the celi.

why dont you just put more money into the celica?

heh didn't mean to bring up a dying thread
Ricky
sell out
SlowCelica94

speak for yourself!

wink.gif

Good call sir.
Sev408
did you sell your damn car yet, christ. i keep seeing posts about you trying to install turbo parts but yet you are selling your car.

seriously wtf?

celimanST
did you sell your damn car yet, christ. i keep seeing posts about you trying to install turbo parts but yet you are selling your car.

seriously wtf?

You dont have to be an ass the reason I was asking about turbos and engine swaps was because I was weighing my options. Hello??? It is cheaper for me to sell my car and swap the motor in civic than it is to build my celica. Around here honda shops rule the world and they like to charge out the ass to do custom work that is not on a honda. Oh even if I boosted my 7a the I car I have would smoke it silly. My new car will have JDM H22 form Prelood SIR. Now I want you to do search and find out how much HP that engine has stock. No wait, I will tell ya 220 how does that suit you.

Next time dont be an ASS because someone is doing a little research.

William
subsolo_21
I got a Honda too man. I wouldn't recommend one to anyone if youre looking to do a swap. I personally don't like many things about them as much as celis and the b16 is nothing compared to the 3sgte, not to mention ppl on Honda forms don't seem as friendly, or helpful, or knowledgable, or creative. I can only hope to educate them a little and bring a piece of 6gc perspective to the lesser forums.
celimanST
I have already found out that some people on some of the Honda forums think because they have been at it for awhile they are almight. There is a better class of people on this site most definately.

William
shadycrew31
well unfourtuantly you are now stuck with vtec.. most people find it a blessing, but try to race a 5sfe up a hill even in a prelude.. vtec doesnt kick in big time oh no. but anyway civics are cool, i persoanlly like accord swaps. but whatever im in love with my celi. so good luck bro... the second you get buy a vtec controller it saves time.. lots of time.
Jaws4God
I would ask you to reconsider selling your celica. I absolutely love mine and is a good car for people (like me) who don't have much money to keep it going. They have potential and are very unique cars. Good luck with your decision though.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.