Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: New-Look for JDm rear cluster
6G Celicas Forums > 6th Generation Celica > Exterior Styling
Pages: 1, 2
Sthen
I have just modified my rear JDM cluster......
i have removed the orange plastic...
The work is easy to do........
I'm thinking to do a how-to...
i have done an how-to in my forum but is in Italian....
Look the pics and tell me what do you think about!!!!!

Spot the difference wink.gif
IPB Image

Bulb customized
IPB Image

On my celica
IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image
Akimbo
That is awesome!
HaRv3sTeR
QUOTE (Akimbo @ Sep 1, 2004 - 7:34 AM)
That is awesome!

Im getting JDM and I want to do that!

make an english how-to plz!!!!

btw good work bro! wink.gif
HaRv3sTeR
I want to see pic at night
Supersprynt
The how to is going to say put it in the oven @3xx degrees for xxmins and then pop the plastic out.
turboinduction
Looks great! A nice How-to would be great.
ghostdog
looks great with the silver. nice job man.
Batman722
that looks hot. nice job
Ryu3x16
QUOTE (Supersprynt @ Sep 1, 2004 - 6:17 AM)
The how to is going to say put it in the oven @3xx degrees for xxmins and then pop the plastic out.

biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif
Mynzeyes
you painted the bulbs? they have the ones that are chrome/silver and light up orange in stores now. smile.gif. but sexy, imma prolly do this to mine right when i get them. smile.gif.

-John-
Sthen
QUOTE(Supersprynt @ Sep 1, 2004 - 6:17 AM)

cut the black plastic is much easy than warm in the oven
IPB Image

after you have only to close with silicon
IPB Image
Sthen
i have just done another mod on my rear JDm cluster
now i have 4 stop lights

user posted image

user posted image
sphinx
QUOTE (Supersprynt @ Sep 1, 2004 - 6:17 AM)

buahahahaha
Consynx
what about the clear plastic covering the orange plastic
the JDM tail has a seem there, so im guessing that it can pop out, but iunno exactly how
boiling in water might not be fun
kevstir
Just did mines too smile.gif , i know the car needs a wash but the weathers too crap the now lol

user posted image
flipside97LTD
Looks really good dude... heheh hey just curious, who's the babe in your signature??? biggrin.gif
HaRv3sTeR
Sthen, what paint did you use for lights borders?
red_94gts
QUOTE (flipside97LTD @ Sep 18, 2004 - 5:01 PM)
Looks really good dude... heheh hey just curious, who's the babe in your signature??? biggrin.gif

shes got a big rack for an asain
Sthen
I have found in the web the girl that's in my signature
i don't know her frown.gif

I have used the same paint of the car..... same colour...

@ kevstir : nice work wink.gif
Sthen
Great.....

Now we can found a new club

CLEAR_REAR_BLINKER_CLUB

001) STHEN
002) KEVSTIR
003) HARV3STER
doGGy
Add me to this one too smile.gif 1 week later i'v bought my clusters, and imidiatly made them clear biggrin.gif You didnt posted how to by what time, but i did myne exactly like you did smile.gif Some telepathy ya know biggrin.gif biggrin.gif
Sthen
CLEAR_REAR_BLINKER_CLUB

001) STHEN
002) KEVSTIR
003) HARV3STER
004) DOGGY

@ Doggy do you have some pics of your car???

smile.gif i have just buyd TRD resr WING smile.gif
turboinduction
me too wink.gif - I dont need to be in a club though.

but I'm also working on another slight version of my JDMs. But i'm not telling......

lol
-Ti
Sthen
this club is only a joke wink.gif wink.gif wink.gif wink.gif

what are you doing..... tell tell

turboinduction
QUOTE (Sthen @ Sep 21, 2004 - 10:54 AM)
this club is only a joke wink.gif wink.gif wink.gif wink.gif

what are you doing..... tell tell

I'm aware wink.gif

as for my mod - you'll just have to wait and see if it works lol
red_94gts
i wanna be in a club frown.gif
drhossa
@sthen
How did you cut the plastic?
Sthen
CLEAR_REAR_BLINKER_CLUB

001) STHEN
002) KEVSTIR
003) HARV3STER
004) DOGGY
005) RED_94GTS
Sthen
QUOTE (drhossa @ Oct 11, 2004 - 4:00 AM)
@sthen
How did you cut the plastic?

i have used a cutter!!!
drhossa
What du you mean with cutter?
I eally can't imagine, sorry am a German biggrin.gif
Could you show me a picture as an example?

I'm also removing the yellow glass...
doGGy
QUOTE (drhossa @ Oct 11, 2004 - 6:20 AM)
What du you mean with cutter?
I eally can't imagine, sorry am a German biggrin.gif
Could you show me a picture as an example?

I'm also removing the yellow glass...

i used Dremal tool, if you dont have it use simple sharp knife to cut theplastic, it wount be easy but after some time and efort you will open it biggrin.gif

drhossa
Did you do it like Sthen?
I'm afraid that you'll see cut from outside, because there's silver color inside. So doesn't it īget black?
doGGy
QUOTE (drhossa @ Oct 11, 2004 - 6:33 AM)
Did you do it like Sthen?
I'm afraid that you'll see cut from outside, because there's silver color inside. So doesn't it īget black?

i cutted them just like the Sthen did, and NO you wount be able to see any cut marks from the inside smile.gif

drhossa
Ok thanks, i'll try it.
Sthen
.....sorry for the delay...
Doggy has shown correctly the way to modify che blinker.....

If you need i can send pics to you
dahoman9
how did you make it have four stop lights? what wiring did you have to do?
Consynx
i want correct way...tell me smile.gif
NEVERSTOP
LOL I have been thinking about trying this with my extra JDM tail light for a while now but havent gotten around to it.. the yellow is allready busted loose from shipping.

Im gonna try the boiling technique on it tonight and I'll let you guys know how that goes wink.gif
Sthen
you have to connect the white/green wire(stop light) to the black/red wire(rear for) using a diod, do you also put a diod between relais and rear fog light
Digndoug
QUOTE (NEVERSTOP @ Oct 22, 2004 - 5:49 PM)
LOL I have been thinking about trying this with my extra JDM tail light for a while now but havent gotten around to it.. the yellow is allready busted loose from shipping.

Im gonna try the boiling technique on it tonight and I'll let you guys know how that goes wink.gif

I would say dont do that. My buddies del -sol is the same design for his front lights, he tried that didnt work, then he got some wierd foggy look on it, we tried the oven, everything.. I havnt thought of it the way that they did it, but i think it would be the safist.
NEVERSTOP
I would say dont do that. My buddies del -sol is the same design for his front lights, he tried that didnt work, then he got some wierd foggy look on it, we tried the oven, everything.. I havnt thought of it the way that they did it, but i think it would be the safist.

Prolly got too much moisture in the headlight...

Newayz... I jumped on this bandwagon like a cheaply scented whore biggrin.gif

user posted image

By far one of the easiest mods for the celi! acutally felt a little unsatified with this mod... didn't even BLEED! haha

Naw its really cool and ALOT brighter!
Consynx
you didn't boil tongue.gif

you bum, now we'll never know...NEVER!!!
dahoman9
hehe, Neverstop, I like your mirror GIF. hehe, representing that you're a celica PIMP.

hey, Sthen, thanks to you, I'm met my goal and got rid of all the ugly orange lights on my car. I put the silver/red lights on my blinker though. I guess I'm in the clear/silver "club" as well now tongue.gif I did the cutting. but it was hard cause I guess I didn't cut the whole big enough. BUt it's all good, I pried it out with a screwdriver. Since the orange piece was made of plastic it's bendable. it's much like the front turning signals. WHy was the front turning signals in American like that but the rear, we had to buy these JDM ones?

It's awesome. I wanna work on the four stop lights. That looks tight. Pictures later as soon as it stops raining and I can wash my car.
Sthen
We have removed the orange plastic from the front signal in the SIMOSBRAZ's car.....
the same way than the rear cluster...
cut
remove
and close
dahoman9
yeah, I know. I did it long ago and put some xenon lights in it. I was just saying...that in the U.S. version of our car, they made the front signals like that, but the tails aren't and the JDM are. But oh well, I love my car much more now. No more orange at all. biggrin.gif
Shodog1054
That looks awesome! I'd like to do it to my car. How much are a pair of JDM tail lights?
LatinKraze
$200-250
dahoman9
got mine from ebay for 248 shipped from hong kong
drhossa
My taillights biggrin.gif
user posted image
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2018 Invision Power Services, Inc.