Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: ? for 5sfte owners
6G Celicas Forums > 6th Generation Celica > Engine/Transmission/Maintenance
dcgoalie312
does the 5s harness have the right connector for the 2bar map sensor or is there some modification needed to be done there? thanks
DREW
1bwilson
It fits fine.
x_itchy_b_x
QUOTE (1bwilson @ Sep 3, 2004 - 8:32 AM)
It fits fine.

Plug and play
1bwilson
QUOTE (x_itchy_b_x @ Sep 3, 2004 - 6:24 AM)
QUOTE (1bwilson @ Sep 3, 2004 - 8:32 AM)
It fits fine.

Plug and play

good to go biggrin.gif
dcgoalie312
noob question sorry but where does it go?
1bwilson
QUOTE (dcgoalie312 @ Sep 3, 2004 - 7:59 AM)
noob question sorry but where does it go?

Pop your hood, look at your pass fire wall. At the top you should see a vaccume line running to a black sensor. Its not big at all.
nik
Iím just running the check valves if I get a 2bar map sensor from the junk yard can I just wire it in to the existing map sensor spot/wire harness? also i have a 7afte so is there any difference in signal type? confused.gif
1bwilson
QUOTE (nik @ Sep 3, 2004 - 8:09 AM)
Iím just running the check valves if I get a 2bar map sensor from the junk yard can I just wire it in to the existing map sensor spot/wire harness? also i have a 7afte so is there any difference in signal type? confused.gif

Not sure, I haven't worked on a 7afe.
NEVERSTOP
is there a difference between the 185 and 205 2bar map senor??
rjbibeau
hey what's up people i'm a newbie to the board i'm right in the middle of piecing a turbo kit together i have everything except for the DP but i had one question i had read somewhere that a supra map sensor will work for the 5sfe map sensor plug. well when i got it of course i went to go check and the plugs do not match up but there are three wires on both map sensors. so i was questioning weather or not a 2 bar map sensor from a supa would work for the 5sfe? any ideas or thoughts are greatly appreciated thanks
rjbibeau
anybody have anything????
1bwilson
The supra is a 2.2 bar map and will not work. You need a 2 bar from a 3sgte.

And neverstop, Im not sure. I wouldn't think so.
rjbibeau
allright thanks man so a 2 bar can be found in a mr2 and a celica all trac right
1bwilson
yup
hyp3rk1d
so would it work on the 7afte?? or will we have to use check valves?? Iam guessing check valves... where do they go tho.. some1 explain please tongue.gif
OOBE
Right side firewall...black toy looking thingy with a vacuum hose underneath.
OOBE
user posted image
user posted image

I think you can figure out the picture. Blow through the check valve to make sure the air is coming out of the other end. If not, flip it. Then put that "exhaust" side at the end of the vacuum hoses. That's where the air will come out so it doesn't reach the MAP sensor. smile.gif

EDIT: If you cannot see the pics, right click them and copy and paste the address to your browser...you know how Imagestation acts up. tongue.gif
rjbibeau
what is this check valve that your talking about????
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2018 Invision Power Services, Inc.