Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: throtle cables on 3sgte swap
6G Celicas Forums > 6th Generation Celica > Engine/Transmission/Maintenance
celicaspeed
I had a 94 5sfe stock motor and I am swaping it to a 1st gen 3sgte.In my car originally my car had cruise control and the 3sgte motor didnt.What I want to know is can you take the cruise cable out and run the throttle cable only and if so how to fix the slack in the cable?And can eneyone tell me about the stock power stering pump and plugs and wires on the 3sgte?Did everything fit onto the 6th gen ie:the powersteering fluid hoses and vac lines,DO the stock ones fit onto the 3sgte set up?Please this is only for the people that have done the 3sgte swap! biggrin.gif
lagos
yes, you can disconnect the cruise control throttle cable and run without it. if you look at my profile, youll notice that you can also keep the cruise if you want to.

to fix the slack in the trottle cable, talk to DG_Performance. he made me a nice little extension braket to fix that problem

oh the PS pump, youll have to take off a 90degree adaptor that is on your 5sfe pump, then attach the main PS line to that. make sure to get that line as tight as possible or it will leak ps fluid when you start the engine up.
celicaspeed
thanks for your help man.And you car is sick.Im the only guy with a 6 gen with a 1st gen 3sgte swap on this forum!I wish I had a second gen but i got cheated into buying a 1st gen motor when I thought it was a 2nd gen.I burn.Oh well it will still kick ass!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.