Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Replacing a Starter
6G Celicas Forums > 6th Generation Celica > General Discussion
mschulman
Does anyone know what a new/used starter would sell for and what I could expect to pay in labor to have it replaced?

Thanks!
confused.gif
94gts
did you try checking the copper points inside the starter first? If they are worn down you won't get a good connection and your car won't start, there cheap and easy to do so check that first. Unless you know for a fact that your starter is dead.
mschulman
Well I took it to the dealer and they said it was dead. Which could mean that it might not actually be dead and just have other problems. I will ask them to check this first, but if they still say its dead I might just take it somewhere else.
Supersprynt
Its easy to replace, 2 bolts and take the plug out.

I am pretty sure you can use a 5th gen starter also, so take a look around the boards for someone selling parts.
Uppitycracker
www.car-part.com is the best place to look, I got 2 starters off there from part yards in the area and both were like new, I actually still have 1 for the 5sfe in my closet because it didnt fit right in my mr2
bufferdan
they are like 80-100$ for one at autozone and probably will cost you 200$ for labor and part.
mschulman
Thank you all so much!
lagos
im using an alltrac starter, but i had to connect the plug from the alltrac harness to make it work....so just stick to a 6th gen starter to make it easy
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.