Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 7a head job
6G Celicas Forums > 6th Generation Celica > Engine/Transmission/Maintenance
FallenHero
Well, as of late I have been getting the tap-tap-tapping at my hood...door yes, I have a valve problem. it's not bad enough yet to cause any Real problems, but it's not going to get better. wink.gif

What I was wondering is what it would cost (for those that have a clue) to have my head re-built with a more performance-orriented ideal in mind. (granted a super AFC would be needed to re-tune to the new parameters.)

any thoughts on this?

I figured I would throw this out for discussion.
trdevelopment
i would toss the fe head and intake manifold and get a 4age head/intake a little bit more horsepower and torgue if you do this swap.
Fox-N-It2
I did a 5S head with my friend and after we did all the port/polish work it was $250 for 3 angle valve cut and to get the head all put back togeather with the new seals we gave the machine shop. I would say it was somewhat worth it from the learning experience and his car pulls a bit harder now.
S_C_M
QUOTE (trdevelopment @ Sep 14, 2004 - 11:12 PM)
i would toss the fe head and intake manifold and get a 4age head/intake a little bit more horsepower and torgue if you do this swap.

This is not as easy as just throwing the 4AGE pieces on... Not advised unless you've got another car to drive and a lot of skill. IMO, it's essentially a complete engine swap in terms of the effort involved.
Digndoug
I was told from the guy i bought my car (hes a mechanice and rebuilds cars and such, an son works for toyota mechanic) that it would prolly be around $800 for a proper rebuild on it. He said if its not that bad just drive it.. youcould use a thicker oil.. I think that will help. and I would say invest in a swap if anything.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.