Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Anybody make an exhaust for these things?
6G Celicas Forums > 6th Generation Celica > Engine/Transmission/Maintenance
ScreaminZ
I have searched hi, and low. The only catback exhaust for these cars that I can find is by Greddy. Went and ordered one, in the meantime we went and CUT the old exhaust off the car. The exhaust broke at the flexpipe when we where pulling the 5sfe out. So now would be a great time for a free flowing exhaust, which will help out the 3sgte. The day after we cut the exhaust off the car, we get an email back saying, that that the Greddy exhuast is discontinued. Well great, we just totatlly destroyed the old exhaust. I went back to searching for catback's again, and all I can find is the Greddy ones yet. Anyone have any clue, of another brand that has a catback for a 94 GT. Will one for a ST185 fit? Any help is highly needed.
recneps
heres another like to the greddy. you might be able to find it.

http://www.modacar.com/products/Toyota/Celica/MODACAB/

but i think almost everyone on this board went custom.
ghostdog
the greddy is a bit small for a turbo'd engine anyway. the piping is only 2.3", you will want something in the 2.5 - 3" range. custom is the way to go smile.gif
urbandork
custom exahust but which one? Mangaflow, HKS, Apexi (ewww) ?????
recneps
custom exahust but which one? Mangaflow, HKS, Apexi (ewww) ?????

custom made by your local exaust shop of course.

no umm the muffler is really up to you theres not going to be a REAL performance difference between the mufflers its mostly about sound.

i went magnaflow with my last celi but when i find one i think im gonna go hks.
DamDirtyApes
ud be better off going custom ne ways, 2.5-3 inch mandrel bent piping with a free flowing exhuast
Jaws4God
when you guys go to a 2.5 - 3" exhaust.. do you notice an sound increase / sound difference?
ShadowFX
Yeah custom isnt a lot of price diff. is it? (Aussie boy, not sure about you yanks tongue.gif)
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.