Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: swaping in a 3s-gte
6G Celicas Forums > 6th Generation Celica > Engine/Transmission/Maintenance
iceshrdr
Recently my 1997 Limited Edition Celica ST AT200 had an engine failure and i wanted to swap in a 3s-gte engine. I was wondering where i could get a good deal on one of these engines and what it would take to install. Thanks
nik
ok i'll jump in here real quick before someone flames you
1. Do a search (look at the stickies^^) rolleyes.gif smile.gif
iceshrdr
ive been doing searches for the past couple of days and cant seem to find any
Ale_lock
QUOTE (iceshrdr @ Sep 30, 2004 - 4:34 PM)
ive been doing searches for the past couple of days and cant seem to find any

... rolleyes.gif if search doesn't work look through all the posts, you are BOUND to find some.
Defgeph
you can find some good deals on ebay.... buy a clip, not just the motor.

DEF
iceshrdr
if i buy a clip and the transmission is AWD manual will i need to get a new transmission sense my celi is fwd?
Defgeph
yep, you have to buy a gt tranny and shifter cables
fastgt
yes you need to get ahold a 5sfe(gt tranny) or if you wanna be safe get the mr2 turbo tranny , those come with an available lsd. i forget the tranny codes but im sure someone will post it
Ale_lock
e-153
Defgeph
QUOTE (fastgt @ Sep 30, 2004 - 4:03 PM)
yes you need to get ahold a 5sfe(gt tranny) or if you wanna be safe get the mr2 turbo tranny , those come with an available lsd. i forget the tranny codes but im sure someone will post it

go with the gt tranny... if you get an mr2 tranny you have to make hybrid axles which is combining axles form the gt and mr2 together. then you have to change some parts round to have the shifter cables line up right which involves tapping new holes for bolts. The GT tranny bolts without any modificaton. And yes the GT tranny will hold up to the 3sgte to a certain extent. If you and not looking for hugh power gains, the gt tranny is fine
Defgeph
how to swap a 3s into a at200
nik
a second late defgeph bet me to the post
Ale_lock
Sorry, this site is temporarily unavailable!

We should get that onto the site.
C3L1CA
cant get it to work
Defgeph
works for me
keep trying it
C3L1CA
all i got was
The web site you are trying to access has exceeded its allocated data transfer
Defgeph
QUOTE (C3L1CA @ Sep 30, 2004 - 4:24 PM)
all i got was
The web site you are trying to access has exceeded its allocated data transfer

heh to many people trying to look at it at the same
Mr2swift
Please feel free to give us a call as we have several complete clips in stock to choose from. We are new to this forum, but seasoned Toyota Jdm engine importers.

Ron (909) 283-3778
Motors Unlimited
iceshrdr
can you post that 'how to swap 3sgte into at200' link again? the above one doesnt work
iceshrdr
also will a 93 JDM TURBO Toyota Celica GT4 3S-GTE engine do? or will the gt4 screw it up
fastgt
its the same procedure with the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd gen 3sgte ...youre gonna need custom gt mounts to make the 3s fit in your st engine bay
Supersprynt
QUOTE (iceshrdr @ Sep 30, 2004 - 6:04 PM)
also will a 93 JDM TURBO Toyota Celica GT4 3S-GTE engine do? or will the gt4 screw it up

Look into the Swapped section up top.
Defgeph
QUOTE (fastgt @ Sep 30, 2004 - 5:24 PM)
its the same procedure with the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd gen 3sgte ...youre gonna need custom gt mounts to make the 3s fit in your st engine bay

not custom gt mounts just gt mounts.... nothing custom about them.
CheesyLobster
It would be nice if the webmaters on 6gc.net put a mirror to that site here, b/c it is a very helpful site, but its on geocities.
Defgeph
QUOTE (CheesyLobster @ Sep 30, 2004 - 5:39 PM)
but its on geocities.

thumbsdown.gif geocities sucks
fastgt
sorry i mean gt mounts but you have to custom fit them in the engine bay.....meaning bust out the drill
redtcel
i dont understand how people cant find this info. i open up a forum and there are like 1 billion threads about swapping a 3s... if people opened their eyes a little they might find stuff...... no need to look through EVERY post just scan the old posts and you are bound to find something.....
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2018 Invision Power Services, Inc.