Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: JDM e153 from Mr2
6G Celicas Forums > 6th Generation Celica > Engine/Transmission/Maintenance
BigJ
I found this JDM e153 tranny out of an MR2. I talked to the guy that has it and he says he bought it for his ST205 swap but couldnt use it b/c the bracket for the shifter cables were on the wrong side. I looked at the tranny and kinda saw what he was talking about. But i havent heard of anyone else having that problem. I looked at the treanny and saw what he was saying. You can replace the selector shaft and selectors and have them both on the opposite side.....but then when you replace the shifter cable bracket its still on the other side. Is it supposed to be on the other side or is that what they meant in the wrie up on it where you have to extend the shifter cables......let me know guys......thanks!
Doge
Pretty sure that you have to switch the shift linkage around on for an mr2t tranny. Thier motors are facing backwards meaning their tranny's are backwards also.

Edit: Not backwards... just the other way around biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif
gtfc115
im in the same boat as that guy...is it possible to just extend the cables?
recneps
yeah theres a page on how to make the e153 work in a celica. search im sure youll find it.
sphinx
to make the shift cables work, you don't have to extend them.

You can't mount the shift cables where they originally mounted on the MR2 tranny cause it doesn’t reach, so what you do is get the bracket from the shift cables from an alltrac tranny, and bolt that one up on the MR2 tranny right above the deferential.
Supersprynt
Read this about E153 Tranny Swap

These are the parts you need to swap from the Alltrac tranny to the SW20
user posted image
BigJ
Ok im confused.....I know that you swap the selctor shaft and selectors from the alltrac tranny to the MR2 Tranny. That puts everything on the side you need it. Is there space on the Mr2 tranny to mount the shifter cable brackets on the right side? I know you have to drill and tap holes to mount the selectors. Do i have to do the same to mount the shift cable brakcet?
Consynx
do you have to use all-trac tranny parts for 3S reasons, or can you use the stock 5S's tranny parts?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.