Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Current/Past 7AFTE boosters
6G Celicas Forums > 6th Generation Celica > Engine/Transmission/Maintenance
slipgun
Just taking a poll, I want to know how many have a 7afte, or had. How long did it last, and at what boost. Lets try to pool information and try to figure out chances of building a reliable 7afte. At current it sounds like 8psi will blow things, sooner or later *and by later I mean fairly soon*. Has anyone run 6psi ok?
OOBE
You do a search and you'll find what you need to know. We've already tried this approach once and it doesn't work. So there you go...waste of a thread. 8 PSI doesn't blow nothing. Everybody that did it, made a stupid mistake...including myself. They don't last because of stupid little mistakes.
slipgun
I know ive seen that thread. Thats why I said Repeat, I was praying for new info.
97sccelica
QUOTE (slipgun @ Oct 6, 2004 - 2:02 PM)
I know ive seen that thread. Thats why I said Repeat, I was praying for new info.

my engine died because i did not upgrade the fuel pump and the stock one died weakening one of the pistons, and it just melted a few weeks later.

aside from the dead piston, the rest of the engine showed no abnormal wear and tear. and i ran 8psi for 6k miles.
OOBE
Hey man, can you hook me up with a piston? smile.gif
slipgun
OOBE Just curious do you know any good corolla forums I could search through for 7afte posts?
nik
bought my stuff from zipstrips (not a whole kit) running 8 psi for the last 2000 miles everything running fine biggrin.gif
slipgun
How many miles are on your car or did you rebuild it? I have 65k so im hoping it will have enough oomf left since its fairly new... Your profile says 131 at 5.5 psi... is it satisfactory?
nik
QUOTE (slipgun @ Oct 6, 2004 - 3:25 PM)
How many miles are on your car or did you rebuild it? I have 65k so im hoping it will have enough oomf left since its fairly new... Your profile says 131 at 5.5 psi... is it satisfactory?

when i first put on my turbo stuff i only had it at 5.5 for about 3 weeks after that i turn it up to 8 and left it i have not rebuilt my motor and it has 128 k on it with no problems the only thing is that i need a better clutch. rolleyes.gif biggrin.gif once you get a boosted celica your hooked. tongue.gif biggrin.gif
97sccelica
QUOTE (OOBE @ Oct 6, 2004 - 2:08 PM)
Hey man, can you hook me up with a piston? smile.gif

i dont have one to spare, toyota replaced the whole shortblock under warranty
forkee
Bought my turbo from 97sccelica. Ran it for 6k at 7psi. New ssqv bov messed it up cuz it was closing too early and broke the shaft rod inside the turbo. Bought new turbo and running it at 5psi. Still need to fine tune it. Still smokes oil out the exhaust. No leaks.
nik
this is alittle off topic but related i just ordered a new head gasket copper .062" i was just woundering if anyof you guys are running anything besides oem?
playr158
were did you find the head gasket?
Uppitycracker
any of you guys dynoed your cars or have an idea of the power being put down?
nik
QUOTE (playr158 @ Oct 7, 2004 - 12:30 PM)
were did you find the head gasket?
nik
QUOTE (Uppitycracker @ Oct 7, 2004 - 12:33 PM)
any of you guys dynoed your cars or have an idea of the power being put down?

dyno results: 131 horse to the wheels 164 torque to the wheels @ 5.5 psi..
Now at 8 psi and running fine.I havent dyno it at 8 psi yet.plus i added my asp underdrive pulley also should see some good numbers.
OOBE
slipgun, sorry, man. I don't know of any Corolla forums. But I made a thread about problems you'll encounter during installation and setup; others contributed also. You won't find info that useful elsewhere on the Internet. nik, that's a lot of torque...way more than an S2000. I love torque. biggrin.gif
nik
QUOTE (OOBE @ Oct 8, 2004 - 12:47 AM)
slipgun, sorry, man. I don't know of any Corolla forums. But I made a thread about problems you'll encounter during installation and setup; others contributed also. You won't find info that useful elsewhere on the Internet. nik, that's a lot of torque...way more than an S2000. I love torque. biggrin.gif

thanks oobe i hope that asp underdrive pulley will up the horse a little when i go to dyno it again biggrin.gif its hard to find stuff on the 7afte but there is a little out there.
Irishflame27
vvti.net

corollacustomz.com

2 very good and informative corolla sites
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.