Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Pics of my SWAP in progress...*PICS*
6G Celicas Forums > 6th Generation Celica > Engine/Transmission/Maintenance
gtfc115
soon....so very soon! Pics are self explanitory. whaddaya think?

sorry for the size...

user posted image

user posted image

Blurry...
user posted image

user posted image

Supersprynt
ST165?
lagos
brings back memories smile.gif

good luck with putting the mr2 motor in, its a little more tricky then the st185.

btw, you should remove your hood.
Irishflame27
looks good man keep it up
presure2
that looks alittle dirty,...you cleaning it up abit before you drop her in? like lagos said, it'll be easier with the hood removed..you got the alltrac alternator bracket? your gonna need it if not.. good luck, keep taking pics! smile.gif
Supersprynt
QUOTE (lagos @ Oct 8, 2004 - 1:18 PM)
brings back memories smile.gif

good luck with putting the mr2 motor in, its a little more tricky then the st185.

btw, you should remove your hood.

Ohh, yeah MR2, it was different looking but I didnt even think about MR2.

Bleh, memories.
gtfc115
yeah it's getting cleaned up first, and the hood will be off when the engine goes in. the car is dirty as hell too, and i need a new rear drivers side tire...i blew it on the way to the shop.
goatrunner
hmmm looks exactly like my car going through a swap at the moment too except my hood is off
Magic
Nice...this is the current stage of the project??The engine needs a lot of cleaning,i`m wondering about the condition of the engine.Did you start it before bought it??Or just need cleaning?
Yous side skirt and the rear spoiler looks great smile.gif
gtfc115
yeah thats how the car looks right now. i just got the engine mounts. still need to do the FWD conversion on the tranny, or get a new tranny altogether. then do the harness.

the engine is in good condition, just needs to be cleaned up a bit.
62-1celi
i want to do the same thing but was your a 1.8 mine is.............they say that you need to change the axles i was goin to do a 3sgte engine and a5sfe tranny..........if everthing go's good im goin to get my older brother turbo thats of his supra its a 62-1 and i got supra injector to that i got of my dads supra ...........i think there 440.......with all that + a fmic i can boost nice as ****......
Doge
the stock 3s injectors are also 440's... are you sure they're not 550's?
boosted_K2
i want to do the same thing but was your a 1.8 mine is.............they say that you need to change the axles i was goin to do a 3sgte engine and a5sfe tranny..........if everthing go's good im goin to get my older brother turbo thats of his supra its a 62-1 and i got supra injector to that i got of my dads supra ...........i think there 440.......with all that + a fmic i can boost nice as ****......

user posted image try complete thoughts smile.gif

looks good GTFC! if you need any help or guidance with the MR2 version of the motor let me know, i can get you access to the MR2 BGBs which may be of help to you. there are actually a few sets on ebay if you do a search for MR2 Big green book they should come up. definatly a must have if you havent dealt with a MR2 3sgte before. if it isnt in there MR2OC members can most certainly guide you. cant wait to see it all cleaned up in the celi biggrin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.