Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Engine Swap
6G Celicas Forums > 6th Generation Celica > Engine/Transmission/Maintenance
iceshrdr
Recently my 1997 Toyota Celica Limited Edition ST AT200 had an engine failure and I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions on what engines I could get. Im trying to get the best deal and work within my budget.

Thanks,

Zach
exxtractor
If money is tight, the easiest thing is to just find what you need to replace on your 7afe engine and go with that. Post what your budget is and other guys will tell you what it might cost for a swap or upgrade.
iceshrdr
between 1500$-2500$
recneps
you cant do a 3s swap for that. if your looking for performance just get another 7a and turbo it. or you could get a gt clip and do a 5s swap. you might have enough money to do a cheap turbo. or just put a little money into it.
Ale_lock
Just replace the motor with the same one if you really dont want anythnig fancy & want a economical car as what celicas are made for.
Dr_Tweak
You could also swap in a 4AGE of your choice. It won't be a huge improvement over your 7AFE, but there are many more performance parts available for it, so it will be easier to upgrade it later.

I don't know where you're located but if you're anywhere near New England, I'll swap one in for you, no labor charge.
recneps
You could also swap in a 4AGE of your choice. It won't be a huge improvement over your 7AFE, but there are many more performance parts available for it, so it will be easier to upgrade it later.

I don't know where you're located but if you're anywhere near New England, I'll swap one in for you, no labor charge.

if says hes in the us but yeah. plus only the 4age silver and black tops have unlimited parts availabel for them. and theyre JDMs so they have to be imported. you shoudl ex[ect to pay upwards of 3k for this egine and ecu etc.

and if he was to swap a first gen or blue top and early black tops or any of the us 4ages well problem there is they well, suck.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.