Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Installed my CAI
6G Celicas Forums > 6th Generation Celica > Engine/Transmission/Maintenance
flipside97LTD
user posted image

Just put on my custom CAI. It sounds great! Only thing is that it's kinda noisy when I have the A/C on. Is that normal?
playr158
yup its normal mine hisses at you its great!!
Digndoug
Its louder with the a/c on? Thats odd, cause mine is more quite with it on.. humm not sure, But you do have to love the sound of a cai ..
playr158
mine is louder cause the A/C makes your engine rev a lil and bring in more air
toyotatech3
mine gets louder when the ac comes on
Redline_Racer
congrats man, the CAI looks great. I just got mine on too

-Brandon
maikl
i had mine on 1 month ago, and i still havent tryed it with the a/c on..... i will try it tommorow and tell you it reacts..............
MK153
I currently am using the stock rubber housing with a filter. It doesnt sound really any diffrent that the stock airbox.. That reminds me... what are those plastic boxes inline with the stock tubing.. are they intake resonators? All I need is a little bit of piping and to keep using my current cone filter. Anyone have a cheap alternative? I dont really want a CAI cause I dont want to worry about water and what not... id be happy with a louder short ram.

Any suggestions?
97Celica
QUOTE (MK153 @ Oct 22, 2004 - 8:58 AM)
I currently am using the stock rubber housing with a filter. It doesnt sound really any diffrent that the stock airbox.. That reminds me... what are those plastic boxes inline with the stock tubing.. are they intake resonators? All I need is a little bit of piping and to keep using my current cone filter. Anyone have a cheap alternative? I dont really want a CAI cause I dont want to worry about water and what not... id be happy with a louder short ram.

Any suggestions?

For my 97 Celica I modified a Tenzo-R intake to fit..and for my 92 I modified an APC intake I got from WAL-MART...the Tenzo-R was about $60 the APC one was $50...both came WITH filters,piping,clamps,rubber attachments,and line piping..I did have to drill out the sensor holes a bit though..as the toyota ones are little larger than what the intakes were made for.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.