Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: i am at a loss
6G Celicas Forums > 6th Generation Celica > Engine/Transmission/Maintenance
pxcr440
i am out of ideas, i got the new turbo on my 5s and it blow a lttle oil when i rev it up , and when connected it smokes when i let off the gas when revend higher, i just reddit my drain with 3/4 line and have a control valve on the inlet lien and it still leaks a little ,, the turbo has zero shaft playu what so ever and doesnt smoke when idleing only whe given a good amount of gas , whats is the problem could fit be that my drain is stillnot workig corecctly or what , or is the drain to low in the pan i didnt put the drain in so i t might be
recneps
did you use a 3sgte oil pan or the stock 5s one and drill your line into it.
FallenHero
something somewhere is either

A: applying pressure to your valve cover forcing oil into the compression chamber,

OR

B: the center section on your turbo has a leak.

My vote is for the latter.
Fox-N-It2
Your drain line should be mounted on the pan as high as possible. It work via gravity.
Im guessing you have a restrictor in the oil feed to make sure your oil pressure doesnt blow your seals out right?
pxcr440
yah its as high as possible and its resturcted via presure regukator and i cant go any lower safely
FallenHero
Well,,,, you could always run the return line to a vented catch can and THEN to the oil pan. That would Definitly clear up the problem if that is indeed the problem. It could be done for less than $100 and would look hella nice. wink.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.