Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: turbo timer
6G Celicas Forums > 6th Generation Celica > Engine/Transmission/Maintenance
lagos
im thinking of getting a turbo timer and wanted some recomendations on what one to buy. so far the hks looks like the most feature packed. does anyone even offer a harness that makes the install easy on our cars?
jgreening
I read on mr2oc.com that all turbo timer harnesses for a particular application fit all other turbo timers.

I have the Apexi. The thing I like about it is the size and it has a a/f guage (with a narrow band o2 sensor). I have no experience with other brands.

I have had some funny looks from people when I walk away from my car with it still running and then it shuts off automatically.
shid
I'm shooting for the Super AVCR.. one of these days..
lagos
but, since our cars are not factory turbo, what harness can we use?
NEVERSTOP
um.. you wire it into your ignition.. took me about 30mins to do the whole thing.. thought I might of had it wrong but then realized that my cheapy "economy" battery thats now in the trunk doesn't have enuf charge to retain mem funtion on nething in my car nemore besides the clock wink.gif

shid
QUOTE (NEVERSTOP @ Oct 26, 2004 - 2:30 AM)
um.. you wire it into your ignition.. took me about 30mins to do the whole thing.. thought I might of had it wrong but then realized that my cheapy "economy" battery thats now in the trunk doesn't have enuf charge to retain mem funtion on nething in my car nemore besides the clock wink.gif

Thats so sad lol

Don't most timers sell "universal" harnesses?

The trick isn't finding the harness, it's finding the wiring diagram
SlowCelica94
Apexi. I have about.....oh.....8 friends that run em. They swear by em. I enjoy them because they're so small, you can tuck em away anywhere and still look classy. Also, a lil batt gauge and a/f gauge. Let's be honest tho, the HKS one is huge and fugly
nik
i have the Greddy timer and it works great. biggrin.gif
Supersprynt
QUOTE (shid @ Oct 25, 2004 - 9:26 PM)

Thats a boost controller, does it have a built in timer?

I have an Apex also. And you'll have to hard wire it, its not hard took about an hour.
shid
QUOTE (Supersprynt @ Oct 27, 2004 - 4:23 PM)
QUOTE (shid @ Oct 25, 2004 - 9:26 PM)

Thats a boost controller, does it have a built in timer?

I have an Apex also. And you'll have to hard wire it, its not hard took about an hour.

.. I misread this entire post; wasn't paying attention that day. Woops
x_itchy_b_x
QUOTE (SlowCelica94 @ Oct 26, 2004 - 10:24 AM)
Apexi. I have about.....oh.....8 friends that run em. They swear by em. I enjoy them because they're so small, you can tuck em away anywhere and still look classy. Also, a lil batt gauge and a/f gauge. Let's be honest tho, the HKS one is huge and fugly

i have that one. very easy to use an small. u dont need a harness just tap hard wire it in. 3 ignition wires and one for the ebrake sensor and one for the o2 sensor. nothing big took me like 20 mins
bufferdan
I will sell you my brand new Blitz DTT (Dual w/ Boost Gauge) DCII Turbo Timer.
user posted image
They sale them here for 129$...I will sell it for 100$ shipped.
http://www.mvpmotorsports.com/Templates/fr...=145&SearchYN=N
lagos
how much u want for it? ....my bad...just noticed u said 100$ .. is it used or brand new?

the other one i was thinking of is the HKS type 1 ... besides turbo timer...it claims to be able to give you rpm warning (aka shift light) and 0-60 and 1/4mile times..

any even use that one?
Supersprynt
My friend had one on his VR4 - it automatically sets the cool-down time according to how high you went in the RPM range and for how long. The time sometimes ended up being like 3mins, which I feel is completely unnecessary. I leave mine at 1.30.
lagos
QUOTE (Supersprynt @ Oct 28, 2004 - 7:50 AM)
My friend had one on his VR4 - it automatically sets the cool-down time according to how high you went in the RPM range and for how long. The time sometimes ended up being like 3mins, which I feel is completely unnecessary. I leave mine at 1.30.

i think u can do auto or manial setting with them

what about the 1/4miles feature...does that work well...they say it also works as a shift light too.... (im talkin about the hks)
Drocay
my boy has the hks in his 240 he's used the 0-60 and the shift light he says it works great. and man it looks awsome.
afroman
i have an HKS type 1 in my turbo integra. i love it. its easy to use. the quater mile time was not that accurate if i remeber. its been awhile since i used all the functions so i cant verify. i use the speed and voltage the most. i would definatly recommend this one. i have never used any of the others so my opinion is bias, but i would by another one.
-Aaron-
lagos
QUOTE (afroman @ Oct 28, 2004 - 6:42 PM)
i have an HKS type 1 in my turbo integra. i love it. its easy to use. the quater mile time was not that accurate if i remeber. its been awhile since i used all the functions so i cant verify. i use the speed and voltage the most. i would definatly recommend this one. i have never used any of the others so my opinion is bias, but i would by another one.
-Aaron-

what about the shift light feature. does that work well?
afroman
Sorry I've been gone awhile. The shift light feature (if you have already had this question answered sorry for the delay) just makes the face of the timer turn Red from the normal state of BLUE. If i remember right you can set the rpm wanted to the nearest hundrd ie. 7100 or 6900. hope that answeres your questions and again sorry for taking so long.
-Aaron-
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2019 Invision Power Services, Inc.