Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: CAI (finally figured out the pix thing)
6G Celicas Forums > 6th Generation Celica > Engine/Transmission/Maintenance
urbandork
Using 2.75"/70mm piping from a CAI kit for accords, which costed about 20 bucks, as well as a few tools I was able to make a CAI kit for my 95 gt celica. The only part on the car that needed to be modified was the bottom of the fuse box so that it could be mounted in its original place.

Pix can be found on my profile as soon as they get approved.
Coomer
QUOTE (urbandork @ Oct 29, 2004 - 9:53 PM)
Using 2.75"/70mm piping from a CAI kit for accords, which costed about 20 bucks, as well as a few tools I was able to make a CAI kit for my 95 gt celica. The only part on the car that needed to be modified was the bottom of the fuse box so that it could be mounted in its original place.

Pix can be found on my profile as soon as they get approved.

You should upload those photos as normal ones. The high-res photo upload stuff is for scenic, high-quality photos of cars.
urbandork
this is such a nub question but how do i do that confused.gif
Blakout16
hey urban whats ur aim/msn?
urbandork
lol im so stupid upload as regular photos.

Routing through the engine bay

http://www.6gc.net/photo.php?file=/images/...otos/2859_1.jpg

Filter element seen though front air scoop

http://www.6gc.net/photo.php?file=/images/...otos/2859_2.jpg

There are only two peices of pipe and thus only three connections. Intake manifold to pipe, pipe to pipe, and then pipe to filter.
946thGenGT
I think it looks great, especially for that price.
BBoYRuGGeD
sweeet... and u didnt even spend that much... even better!
Digndoug
Not to bust your bubble, but old... but atleast you did the same as i did, and buy a cheap honda one.. for me about a year ago, it was the only place it would fit. But the only prob is i get a lil rattle over bumps.
urbandork
No bubble burts. Infact several other users used pips from Hondas such as civics i beleive.

As for the rattle i have none what so ever. The piping is very secure and is sandwiched between the hole it goes down into and the bottom of the modified fuse box.

And yes i know it looks a bit ghetto. When i get time i plan on changing the coupler and reducer all to the same color as well as replace the stock hose clamp that i had to use to mount the reducer to the inake manifold. For some reason the kit was missing one so i just used the stock one.

Also the reduce seemed to be a 65mm to 70mm when i needed a 60mm to a 70mm for a snug fit around the intake manifold. the fit was close enough so i just clamped it down for the time being.
rlan214
where did yah get you piping kit ?
what year accord did you get it from ?
urbandork
ebay

90-93
Akimbo
Doug you have an ST. it's different from a GT.
FallenHero
QUOTE (Akimbo @ Oct 31, 2004 - 1:24 PM)

not enough to matter I wouldn't think, unless the TB is bigger. The ST is 2.5inch, what is GT?
bonzaisushi
QUOTE (FallenHero @ Oct 31, 2004 - 3:02 PM)
QUOTE (Akimbo @ Oct 31, 2004 - 1:24 PM)

not enough to matter I wouldn't think, unless the TB is bigger. The ST is 2.5inch, what is GT?

smaller engine= more room i see
CAIs on Sts all the time, but because the 5s motor is tilted and cruse control is right there and theres not alott of space its always a bitch
Digndoug
QUOTE (Akimbo @ Oct 31, 2004 - 8:24 PM)

I understand that, but there is still no dif i the way its routed.. I have messed with plenty of GT's ...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2019 Invision Power Services, Inc.