Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: ECU Wiring Harness Question
6G Celicas Forums > 6th Generation Celica > Engine/Transmission/Maintenance
Yota
I recently just bought NEVERSTOP's monster 3SGTE. I need to know what all needs to be done to the Wiring harness for it to work in my ST. It is my understanding that all of the wires need to be extended by 33 inches or so... But is that all that needs to be done? Also, I think that some of the plugs are different in my 7AFE ECU and may need to be changed.

Can anyone get me some type of wiring schematics and tell me what all needs to be done to get the ECU to work in my swap?

Thanks alot!
Yota
sinner96ST
QUOTE (Yota @ Oct 29, 2004 - 10:22 PM)
I recently just bought NEVERSTOP's monster 3SGTE. I need to know what all needs to be done to the Wiring harness for it to work in my ST. It is my understanding that all of the wires need to be extended by 33 inches or so... But is that all that needs to be done? Also, I think that some of the plugs are different in my 7AFE ECU and may need to be changed.

Can anyone get me some type of wiring schematics and tell me what all needs to be done to get the ECU to work in my swap?

Thanks alot!
Yota

7afe ecu won't work with the swap..

some people wind up drilling a hole in their firewall, feeding the wires thru, bypassing the need to extend the wirees. you still may have to do some extending, i'm not entirely sure about that.

i have some links i can post.. let me go dig through my bookmarks.. you can page me on AIM if you need them immediately.
lantz2121
send me the links too thanks lance
lagos
do you have an uncut ST185 harness with the engine?
Yota
the 185 harness is cut.
Kwanza26
QUOTE (Yota @ Oct 31, 2004 - 2:02 AM)
the 185 harness is cut.

You'll have to rebuild it
Yota
Meaning what...? Extending each wire and every wire?
presure2
your in for ALOT of work man,...if the harness is cut, your gonna have to rewire it.. frown.gif good luck, man
Digndoug
did any one ever get close to making that how-to for the wire swap??
gtfc115
QUOTE (Digndoug @ Oct 31, 2004 - 10:08 PM)
did any one ever get close to making that how-to for the wire swap??

i wish...im about a week from starting the wiring for my swap...maybe i can get some info together while it's being done...but im not promising anything
Yota
Rewire..meaning what? Is it just a matter of extending the wires, and finding out where they plug into?

If thats the case, there should be wiring schematics from Toyota that I could get. Then it would only mean me figuring out what wire goes where, extending it to plugging it in. Right?
Doge
you fail to see that you'll have to seperate each individual wire and find out where it's coming from, extend enough to reach the ecu, and then plug into the right plug in the ecu. That may not sound like much but that is ALOT of work.
Yota
I have a friend who swapped an sr20 into his 240sx. He just showed me what he had to do with his wiring harness.

He got these wiring schematics that told him what each wire was. He then extended it to whatever length he needed and plugged it into the correct corresponding plug.

Kwanza26
Even with a how-to with detailed pictures and diagrams... building a wire harness is still gonna be beyond most who don't have a lot of experience.

Toyota's aren't as easy as Nissans either... but as far as building the harness goes... Doge pretty much explains the basic process. it's all about having diagrams and knowing what wires do what and what is needed for the engine to work.
lagos
you have to rewire the harness to plug into your stock fuse box, or you can use dual fuse boxes like doge.

on the interrior, you have to rewire the 3rd ecu plug and 3 interrior plugs. then add in a fuel pump relay from your st185.

after that, you can extend the harness or cut a new hole in your firewall directly to the ecu.
Yota
and thats it?

What would I have to do if I was able to come across an uncut 185 harness?

Is there anywhere you can go to purchase one?
lagos
QUOTE (Yota @ Nov 1, 2004 - 1:41 PM)
What would I have to do if I was able to come across an uncut 185 harness?

what i just said.

you also need and AFM, turbo pressure sensor, resistor packs, ignitor, coil, etc...hope u got those too. this is why people say to just get a clip. it will probably take forever to source all these parts. keep an eye out on ebay!
Yota
I already have those parts.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2019 Invision Power Services, Inc.