Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 7a turbo
6G Celicas Forums > 6th Generation Celica > Engine/Transmission/Maintenance
tigernate29
I bought a brand new turbo off of E-bay. 57 trim compressor, 50AR Exhaust housing, 63 AR compressor housing, internal wastegate set to 10 lbs. Is this too big for a 7afe? All I can get out of it so far is about 4 lbs. of boost. I will post pictures of my setup in the next day or too. Seems to spool up kind of slow.
nik
pics
shid
Yeah, sounds way too big, what kind of turbo is it?
tigernate29
It's a t3/t4 E. Give me a day or 2 to get the pictures developed. If it is too big, then is there any way to reduce the turbo lag?
tigernate29
turbo

Here's a link to the turbo I bought.
97sccelica
yea

way too big

you got yourself a turbo that makes 500+ AWHP in a awd DSM.
nik
QUOTE (tigernate29 @ Nov 1, 2004 - 10:01 AM)
turbo

Here's a link to the turbo I bought.

my turbo is from down2turbo e-mail him tell them your situation and see if they can swap you for a turbo (t3) that you need or a alot smaller t3t4
shid
Yeah, the smaller t3/t4 turbos can be alright on a 7afe; but your trim size/compressor housing etc is way too huge smile.gif
tigernate29
Thanks everyone. Hey Nik, can you E-mail me down2turbo's E-mail address so I can try and work this problem out? Thanks.
nik
QUOTE (tigernate29 @ Nov 1, 2004 - 4:06 PM)
Thanks everyone. Hey Nik, can you E-mail me down2turbo's E-mail address so I can try and work this problem out? Thanks.

PM sent
DamDirtyApes
u dont research turbos before u buy one....... why would u spend a couple hundred dollars wihtout knowing if it will work out good
tigernate29
QUOTE (DamDirtyApes @ Nov 1, 2004 - 11:45 PM)
u dont research turbos before u buy one....... why would u spend a couple hundred dollars wihtout knowing if it will work out good

I actually did research. I checked with my local speed shop who told me to get the size that I did. I then bought one from E-bay that was the size that they suggested. I have been planning this for months and months, and it came down to bad advicefrom my local speed shop. I'm not a professional, but I relied on the wrong pro's. People, beware and always get a second opinion!
DamDirtyApes
did u put this in yourself?
woode87
hahahah, this is a funny topic. i posted it at a few other car forums and they laughed
spunky393
Can someone explain the water cooled and oiled cooled difference. Also, i think i know, but i would like to know the advantages of the ball bearing and to normal (what is normal) Just for my big head knowledge base
shid
Ball bearings basically mean the turbo spools without friction being an issue. Normal has slight friction- so slowly spool up time and more turbo lag

water cooled means the turbo is cooled with water; oil is cooled with oil smile.gif I'm not sure what's required out of a water cooled setup (what lines you have to run)

Don't get to read: http://www.6gc.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=5574

and all the articles it links to. Yes it's for the 5sfe, but it spends a lot of time on turbo principals you need to understand.. I really should finish my part..
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.