Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Swapping CT-26 Turbo, need gaskets/flanges
6G Celicas Forums > 6th Generation Celica > Engine/Transmission/Maintenance
erics1one
Info can be seen in profile.

As stated, I'll be replacing my CT-26 turbo shortly and need the correct gaskets or flanges (not sure what they're called). I've checked Autozone, and NAPA and they don't have anything listed but the exhaust manifold gasket on the block side. I need the correct part for the exhaust side of the manifold that connects to the turbo, and also the gasket for the downpipe.

Does anyone have any info on these?

Thanks.
Irishflame27
ebay
lagos
"i love what you do for me....toyota! "

aka your local dealer should have them
erics1one
QUOTE (lagos @ Nov 1, 2004 - 1:35 PM)
"i love what you do for me....toyota! "

aka your local dealer should have them

See I'm exactly opposite. I hate using the dealer. If theres a different way to get a part, its normally better quality and for less price.

I'd like to stay away from ebay since its pretty specific. Wouldn't really want to guess at some of the items on there and hope for the best.

Guess I'm just picky...

I did ask for any info though, so thanks for input.
presure2
See I'm exactly opposite. I hate using the dealer. If theres a different way to get a part, its normally better quality and for less price.

thats not gonna work for those gaskets..your gonna need to buck up and head to the dealer, tail tucked between your legs...haha J/K man! wink.gif
seriously tho, the dealer is pretty much your only choice if you want those parts new.
Doge
NO EXHAUST GASKET CAN EVEN COME CLOSE TO THE DEALER GASKETS. seriously... I've bought two different after market gasket sets for my ct-26.. they are paper thin... the toyota gaskets are thick and strong... Two toyota technicians that helped with my swap said NEVER put anything but toyota gaskets on your car when it comes to exhaust.. and they are both big cheap skates so that tells you something! biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif
erics1one
Well looks like I'm headed to the dealer.

Obviously I'm not worried about the cost of a gasket, but man do I hate working with those guys.

Thanks for input.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2019 Invision Power Services, Inc.