Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 260 kmph on the high way
6G Celicas Forums > 6th Generation Celica > General Discussion
Pages: 1, 2
tufy
i was wondering my top speed when i bought my car. i read many times that its arround 150 mph. one day we tryed our cars with magic and noticed that my gears are little longer then magic's black beast (170kmph with 3rd gear). there was a question mark on my mind, till last night.
p.s cars from japan have speed limiter at 180 kmph and km meter show only 180kmph, i dont have speedlimiter because my ecu is not stock but i still have stock 180 km gouge mad.gif so after 180 kmph i dont know my speed, i only see rpm rising.
last night we were travellin on highway with my friend. i was with my gt four, he was with his cbr 1000rr. he let me go behind till 260 km (arround 6200 rpm).( thats what he told me) and passed me arround 270 kmph. confused.gif
what do you think about this guys? 260 km= 162 miles
doGGy
QUOTE (tufy @ Nov 2, 2004 - 4:27 AM)
i was wondering my top speed when i buyed my car. i read many times that its arround 150 mph. one day we tryed our cars with magic and noticed that my gears are little longer then magic black beast (170kmph with 3rd gear). there was a question mark on my mind, till last night.
p.s cars from japan have speed limiter at 180 kmph and km meter show only 180kmph, i dont have speedlimiter because my ecu is not stock but i still have stock 180 km gouge mad.gif so after 180 kmph i dont know my speed, i only see rpm rising.
last night we were travellin on highway with my friend. i was with my gt four, he was with his cbr 1000rr. he let me go behind till 260 km( thas what he told me) and passed me arround 270 kmph. confused.gif
wht do you think about this guys? 260 km= 162 miles

its fast tufy.. it really fast smile.gif Actually last time i checked my ST top speed was 235 km/h after this my rev limiter (fuel cut off turned on)... And i can tell what the speed in celica feels really sceary, cuz you sit low and it just makes you feel that you are even going way faster..
recycle
re ismet, theoretically speaking.... for my car.... 180km is about 5k rpm.... 7200 line should be 260 km...
neoklis
nice to know tufy. but i dont think i will be spending my money in the future to get rid of the speed limiter, new gauge etc. the fun part is how quickly itgets up to there.
Magic
Ismet(Tufy) i dont know how much its the top speed for our cars but i think that its more than 260kms.There is a very simple a low cost effect way to find out.
If you get the Greddy Turbo Timer there is option for the top speed on it,so plug the speed wire on your ECU,adjust the factory speedometer with the Greddy Turbo Timer(its a little bit tricky) and get on the highway smile.gif If you dont have turbo timer this is the reason to get one,i think its not more than 40CYP!

smile.gif
Be aware of deers my friend biggrin.gif biggrin.gif
What?There are no deers?? mad.gif
tufy
QUOTE (doGGy @ Nov 2, 2004 - 11:32 AM)
And i can tell what the speed in celica feels really sceary, cuz you sit low and it just makes you feel that you are even going way faster..

its sceary only for two reasons.
1- my suspention is extremly hard that you can feel every single detail on road
2- north cyprus roads are like sh**t that at that speed its to hard to drive car with that suspention

you feel so slow when a bike passes next to you biggrin.gif
a turbo timer is a good idea but i have one, i want to buy a rsm that both shows 0-60 mile time and topspeed.
Supersprynt
get the G-force unit with it and you can see how many G-s u pull.

I have the RSM, unfortunately in KMH.
Magic
Tufy with this Turbo timer you can have 0-60 times or 0-400m as well:)
biggrin.gif
neoklis
Hey Magic, can you arrange one for me? please. I made a custom aluminum cooling panel. check my thread out. Not yet installed.
playr158
damn 162mph i didn't even know a street celica could go that fast damn mad props tuffy grrr i wanna gt-4
Magic
Neoklis i can ask if you want about the turbo timer tomorrow,send me email please just for reminder...
I checked also your cooling panel.....needs work my friend. rolleyes.gif
KAMiX
tufy you can get a REALLY nice looking JDM 300km gauge. Edit... erm... like the one in your avatar biggrin.gif

260 is pretty nice. Actually that is awesome I have not been that fast in a 4cyl before. smile.gif
tufy
QUOTE (playr158 @ Nov 2, 2004 - 5:52 PM)
damn 162mph i didn't even know a street celica could go that fast damn mad props tuffy grrr i wanna gt-4.

i was talking one of my friends from italy. he also owns a gt four. he told me that wrc wing effects top speed about -10 kmph. (because of down force it makes)
is that true?!!!

where is that 300km gouge, show me one pls. i heard thad trd doesn't make them any more.
doGGy
QUOTE (tufy @ Nov 2, 2004 - 11:49 PM)
QUOTE (playr158 @ Nov 2, 2004 - 5:52 PM)
damn 162mph i didn't even know a street celica could go that fast damn mad props tuffy grrr i wanna gt-4.

i was talking one of my friends from italy. he also owns a gt four. he told me that wrc wing effects top speed about -10 kmph. (because of down force it makes)
is that true?!!!

where is that 300km gouge, show me one pls. i heard thad trd doesn't make them any more.

Tufy,

If you want i can make you new speedo gauge. I have 240 gauge from ST, and if you want i could make it atleast 280 gauge. Just that i woulod have to make new gauge faces for all of the gauges (RPM, Temp and etc...) so if you want it can be made even look like it is TRD smile.gif

Magic
Romas Very interesting!!!! If Tufy gets it from you and i like it then i will need one for myself. smile.gif
doGGy
QUOTE (Magic @ Nov 3, 2004 - 1:29 AM)
Romas Very interesting!!!! If Tufy gets it from you and i like it then i will need one for myself. smile.gif

so basicly you are saying that Tufy needs to be a Test Rabbit? biggrin.gif
Magic
Hahahaha...Yes....Actually a test monkey(you know the animal that its closed to man)....
doGGy
Tufy, kick mikes butt for calling you a Monkey biggrin.gif LOL Muahahah........

Magic
Hahahaha smile.gif Romas dont put words in my mouth... biggrin.gif biggrin.gif
I didnt said that Tufys its a monkey but you are going to see him like a monkey!!!! biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

Ryu FIRE ATTACK to ROMAS butt!!!!!
tufy
QUOTE (doGGy @ Nov 3, 2004 - 8:33 AM)

what ever i want to make on my car , usually i ask mike what does he think. and he always says go for it re. i am thinkin to have it too biggrin.gif
but we failed both one time about that fake TTE ecu. he came and test my car and said ''nice program i ll have it too'' and we both have it. but it was a fake frown.gif
but the truth is some one have to do it first. now i am thinkin to have trd quick shift and cooling panel that he have now. i liked them so much.

about the gouge.. do i have to send you mine?
Magic
Ismet I think you should go with the TRD Quickshift,i know when you drove my car that you like it smile.gif I told you from the beginning that its perfect.
Also about the C-one cooling panel...its very nice on our cars smile.gif

About the TTE program.... mad.gif mad.gif mad.gif
doGGy
QUOTE (tufy @ Nov 3, 2004 - 1:47 AM)
QUOTE (doGGy @ Nov 3, 2004 - 8:33 AM)

what ever i want to make on my car , usually i ask mike what does he think. and he always says go for it re. i am thinkin to have it too biggrin.gif
but we failed both one time about that fake TTE ecu. he came and test my car and said ''nice program i ll have it too'' and we both have it. but it was a fake frown.gif
but the truth is some one have to do it first. now i am thinkin to have trd quick shift and cooling panel that he have now. i liked them so much.

about the gouge.. do i have to send you mine?

if you want stock looking one (black with 280 km/h) i could do it on my 240 one. So in this case i wount need you gauge. if you want all the gauge faces to be changed to somthing more original, then yes, i would prefare that you sent me your cluster, cuz there is no way finding GT4 cluster here smile.gif

If you want just the stock black speedo gauge (im talking about the only one gauge - speedo, not the whole cluster), i could make it easily.

KAMiX
Yea buy the TRD shifter it's nice!

was talking one of my friends from italy. he also owns a gt four. he told me that wrc wing effects top speed about -10 kmph. (because of down force it makes)
is that true?!!!

Probably. Leaving it on might give 5% more drag than taking it off, and that means you would need more power to hit the same top speed.
KAMiX
Dog would you recallibrate the guage or just extend it?
doGGy
QUOTE (KAMiX @ Nov 3, 2004 - 2:53 AM)
Dog would you recallibrate the guage or just extend it?

i would extend them. it is easyer to use 240 gauge then 180, cuz it is already recalibrated to work differently, so adding 260 and 280 it wount be a problem.
shadycrew31
you guys are so lucky my cars is toped out at 115 mph ahahahah.
shin
you sure your car topped out at 115mph?? i used to have a 94 ST too and the fastest i was going was 125mph and it could've kept going but the road was too bumpy..
Watanbe88
I have had my car up to 155mph before backing down, I didn't have the pedal all the way down but I was scared to lose my license. The GT4 was rock solid my friend in his WRX stopped at 145mph because his car was shimmying. I think I too could have gone faster, was only at 1.02bar of boost max is 1.1bar.

1995 Celica GT4 ST205
My mods:
-HKS Cams
-HKS EVC2
-HKS intake
-possibly rebuilt engine (dunno car came modded from japan)
-oversized injectors
-TRD Suspension
-Blitz ECU
-Full Exauhst w/ no cat
Mike
Had my car up to 220km/h
that's the limit.. I don't think its governed, but any higher and my head gasket would come flying outta my hood frown.gif

That's why I leave the performance driving to my neighbours m5 biggrin.gif
he let's me drive it almost whenever I pelase smile.gif
KAMiX
M5 POWER!

Are you sure u hit 220k's in a unmodded GT that sounds like an exaggeration to me?
Magic
Watanbe88 Interesting project you got.Could you please post few photos?
Watanbe88
here are some pics:

user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
Magic
smile.gif Sweet car dude smile.gif Reminds me a lot Tufys previous look smile.gif
post few more photos.... tongue.gif
tufy
QUOTE (Magic @ Nov 4, 2004 - 1:26 PM)
smile.gif Sweet car dude smile.gif Reminds me a lot Tufys previous look smile.gif
post few more photos.... tongue.gif

looks like my car when i first bouged it. that a clean gt four. most think i liked on your car is your sunroof tongue.gif . post some pictures to your profile so that every body can see your car.
dabbill
I want a GT 4. They are just so seksay. smile.gif Thats it I am moving to asia lol. I wish I had the money for that lol.
Watanbe88
I tried before but they didn't stay. will try again putting them in my profile that is. also note she is quite the sleeper in the US everyone thinks it's a kitted 6th gen Celica GT cuz no one knows what a gt-4 is.
zCelicaDude
doggy can you still do the higher speed speedo?? im looking for one
shin
wow.. back from the dead thread.....
zCelicaDude
the forum search function works well...
Sammyr
QUOTE(zCelicaDude @ Feb 4, 2007 - 5:56 PM) [snapback]523939[/snapback]

doggy can you still do the higher speed speedo?? im looking for one

Have you checked out this site? its got the TRD 300km/h speedo

http://trdsales.toyota.co.nz/shop/product.asp?catcode=276
OOBE
Necromancing is great. laugh.gif
Wolf_tm
QUOTE(tufy @ Nov 3, 2004 - 7:49 AM) [snapback]202542[/snapback]

QUOTE(playr158 @ Nov 2, 2004 - 5:52 PM)

is that true?!!!

2 italian magazines tested the GT-four.

The reading on your speedo will vary depending on your own speedo clearance and tyres,
but, in reality, the ST205 makes 242 kmh without, and 235 kmh with the spoiler raisers.

recycle
dont know about gt4 but with my stock ss2 with no 180 speed limiter i reached 259kph (rsm showed me the speed)
rzanology
youz all out of control!!! but i like it. 162 is hell a fast...damn near off the clock. the fastest i've gone with my 5sfte is 135mph...and im not done setting up yet....i'll be happy if i can reach 150!!!

edit: i forgot to mention...after i put the light weight flywheel in....im maxing out at 120 due to redline. so i gottah find some sort of way around that too frown.gif
sinner96ST
it's nothing surprising, cars aren't meant to do that speed unless they're specifically designed to do so.

my gsxr 600 has done 153mph before the engine just couldn't push it any further. that's only a 600, i have no idea what the top speed of a 1000 would be. probably somewhere in the neighborhood of 180-190? I know busa's top out at a little over 200mph.
playr158
busas are black boxed at 18X
GSXR1000 is probably in the same range

my GSXR750 did 154mph like it was nothing
Wolf_tm
QUOTE(recycle @ Feb 6, 2007 - 4:54 PM) [snapback]524361[/snapback]

dont know about gt4 but with my stock ss2 with no 180 speed limiter i reached 259kph (rsm showed me the speed)

Hi Re !

Unfortunately rsm is not a good device for capturing the speed, cause it uses the same speedo signal from the g'box...

The only device you should use, would be a good GPS connected to many ( more than 4/5 ) satellites...

My GT four, when it was low wing, stock engine and tyres, showed me 265 kmh ( 242 kmh on the magazine, so an error of 23 kmh ), and it showed me 278 kmh when it was BPU'ed ( free exhaust, 1.15 bar, no cat = around 290 fwhp )...

wink.gif

tufy
guys..
its all about ratios and maths..
here is the graph
IPB Image
zCelicaDude
apparently it isnt made anymore frown.gif
DomGT
We Americans are so deprived! We cannot even drive a GT-4 legally!

Sorry for the rant...

I'm going to buy an all-trac soon...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.