Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: What route should i go?
6G Celicas Forums > 6th Generation Celica > Engine/Transmission/Maintenance
d3monc3lica
Well im trying to decide what type of mods id like to do to my car, the 3sgte is out of the question because theres too much down time involved and no one around here has done the swap, or i would for sure. I want to either turbo my 7afe or go N/A. Ill be making 600$ every 2 weeks and it goes in my pocket so i need some ideas. And please be specific and maybe put some estimated HP gains, and if possible any problems i might run into when working on the 7AFE. thanks

Steve
Supersprynt
I think you should modify the search button! HAHA I kid!

Turbo it, N/A is bleh with that engine.
thedevilmaycrie
4AGZE is my opinion lol or..... 7AGZE BWAH HAHAHA
(7afe block,rods/4AGZE pistons and head)

-DMC
d3monc3lica
yeah yeah im not new to forums, anyways i was also looking into the newer 4A-GZE engine but would it be really hard to find? I would import if needed because ill have enough money but will it be a direct swap without messing with ECU and stuff or can i just take the complete engine and tranny and drop it in and be off???
d3monc3lica

-DMC

7AGZE..........? has it been done, and what HP would i be getting?
thedevilmaycrie
QUOTE (d3monc3lica @ Nov 4, 2004 - 1:03 PM)
yeah yeah im not new to forums, anyways i was also looking into the newer 4A-GZE engine but would it be really hard to find? I would import if needed because ill have enough money but will it be a direct swap without messing with ECU and stuff or can i just take the complete engine and tranny and drop it in and be off???

ebay has a 4agze for 750...... lol you will need a ecu, wiring harness, coil packs.... better off just getting a complete clip from here and going from there. you can use your tranny to save you custom axels

-DMC
nik
turbo!!!!!! tongue.gif go look at the 7afte bible and the how to: biggrin.gif
nik
QUOTE (d3monc3lica @ Nov 4, 2004 - 2:06 PM)

-DMC

7AGZE..........? has it been done, and what HP would i be getting?

http://www.corollaperformance.com/Mods/Eng...GE.html#rayhall
here is info on 7a (g) or (t) e motors rolleyes.gif i've posted this before
d3monc3lica
Already read the turbo how too and trust me I have been considering it, however I dont think my engine with 140k on the engine could handle the boost for long. And even if i did rebuild i dont think the tranny could take it for much longer either. I'm looking for basically the best way to do this with the littlest down time, even if it was the 3sgte i would do it but i need a car and my insurance is just too much to afford even a beater.
nik
QUOTE (d3monc3lica @ Nov 4, 2004 - 2:32 PM)
Already read the turbo how too and trust me I have been considering it, however I dont think my engine with 140k on the engine could handle the boost for long. And even if i did rebuild i dont think the tranny could take it for much longer either. I'm looking for basically the best way to do this with the littlest down time, even if it was the 3sgte i would do it but i need a car and my insurance is just too much to afford even a beater.

I have 130K on my car and all the internals are stock and running fine at 8 psi plus you can do this whole set up in a day.
Redline_Racer
TURBO! and a custom CAI and blow off valve vroom psshh! vroom psshh! oo yeh and pistons and rods and get your stuff board out.

or...

save and buy a tureno...yea baby

-brandon
97sccelica
QUOTE (Supersprynt @ Nov 4, 2004 - 12:59 PM)
I think you should modify the search button! HAHA I kid!

Turbo it, N/A is bleh with that engine.

amen to that.

read somewhere that the power is made in the head of an engine(general statement, not entirely true.) and the 7afe has an economy head which is bad for making power, especially NA power

a 7afte is very fun.
Supersprynt
wait i thought you didnt want to do a swap because of the downtime, and yet I see alot of swaps? sense this not makes.
d3monc3lica
i wouldnt have a problem with the swaps if it could be done in a weekend, thats my point, im willing to go as far as swapping if the engines and tranny and w/e else id need was right there and all ready to go in, but i just keep reading on these people who had their cars down for 3+ months and i cant have that, so im just looking at swaps that are easier or just other options like the 7AFTE or the NA route.
d3monc3lica
so far it looks as if buying a 7afe engine, rebuilding it all bored out and ported and polished with some newer internals with a turbo setup is looking like my best bet. because i can build it up over the winter and buy all the needed turbo accessories and swap and add the turbo setup in one weekend, im just worried about the tranny......
nik
http://www.importperformanceparts.net/imports/pek-geo.html
heres a rebuild kit with all the goodies tongue.gif

i called these guys told them that i had 7afe in 94 celica with a turbo and that i needed 8.5:1 pistons and .5 head gasket etc..... they said ya we can do that. biggrin.gif
d3monc3lica
thanks for the help Nik, but the you might want to check the url i clicked on it and its a no go confused.gif , but once it is working ill be ordering it because i think im pretty sure which route im going to take for now, but either way your write up will do me good also when im working on the turbo project of mine, it was awesome. also what was the price on the rebuild kit?
nik
QUOTE (d3monc3lica @ Nov 5, 2004 - 2:35 PM)
thanks for the help Nik, but the you might want to check the url i clicked on it and its a no go confused.gif , but once it is working ill be ordering it because i think im pretty sure which route im going to take for now, but either way your write up will do me good also when im working on the turbo project of mine, it was awesome. also what was the price on the rebuild kit?

the site is down it was about 900 for the whole kit but it has everything
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2019 Invision Power Services, Inc.