Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Bad news!
6G Celicas Forums > 6th Generation Celica > General Discussion
H8DC3lica94
okay ppl heres the deal...

As most of you guys have seen my car is looking good after getting totalled. but after i try to get the car re-registered i have to pay alot of fee's and go through alot of tests. The car had no real damage other than cosmetic. So i figured it would pass.

I FAILED! the car didnt pass the light inspection due to that it doesnt have the stock lights. i have supra turns and i havent put on the jdm side markers.
The guy also found out that i am not using a stock front so he wont let me test again without the real front.

Is there any way to bypass the testing procedures here in CA.

please help me out!
97sccelica
he failed you for turn signals, thats understandable

but for the bumper? that is a buch of crap.
Drocay
get someone else, and pay some bucks ( under table)
lagos
as long as you still have your crashbar, the frame is in good shape, and the lights are all legal, you should pass no problems. the aftermarket bumper is just a bumper cover, its just for looks and does nothing to protect you in a crash. the guy doing the inspection should know that.
shid
Different DMV needed
Andason
just go back and say its ALL stock (unless its the same person doing it)
Jaws4God
So what laws do they have on non-stock body kits???
Andason
its things like this that happen when you have liberals running the show.
shid
its things like this that happen when you have conservatives running the show
Andason
QUOTE (shid @ Nov 4, 2004 - 8:19 PM)

LOL. conservatives dont care about the environment. you should know that.
shid
QUOTE (Andason @ Nov 5, 2004 - 2:24 AM)
QUOTE (shid @ Nov 4, 2004 - 8:19 PM)

LOL. conservatives dont care about the environment. you should know that.

They don't like people modding their cars either. you should know that
saleeka
QUOTE (Andason @ Nov 4, 2004 - 9:15 PM)
its things like this that happen when you have liberals running the show.

haha! come on now... you know liberals are shallow and are impressed by material weath ( Love you Teressa!) tongue.gif
Manta5x
anyone ever get any static about having projectors?
I think the guy was just jealous of how good you car looks.
x_itchy_b_x
boo to CA. in mass i could have a dodge ram front end on my celica who cares.
id say go under the table.
coustoe
thats a bunch of bullcrap about your front bumper, yes the signals need to be installed, but your bumper shouldn't matter.

Just take it to someone else.
Blakout16
hott car tho tongue.gif boo on the inspector.
H8DC3lica94
okay, i think there is a misunderstanding. Its not that i have the kombat bumper or that i dont have a crash bar. Its the fact that i didnt have the sidemakers. It states on the paper that my right lamp is not working and that i am missing my side lamps. i found the reason why my low beam wasnt working, pretty obvious on the pic at the bottom. and to solve the side marker problem i decided to add these "JDM-like" markers! Euro markers to some. i'll post better pics later.

user posted image
user posted image
Dont know how this happened...

user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
Do you think it looks "rice-like" ?

Cuz this is rice!
user posted image
My stepdads civic 4dr
hahahaha

well i hope this will clear up everything
forkee
QUOTE (Drocay @ Nov 4, 2004 - 6:17 PM)
get someone else, and pay some bucks ( under table)

that doesnt work here in CA. theyve become very strict and have cracked down on shops, taking away business licenses, etc.
CheesyLobster
That sucks so much! I'd get side makers, go do the test w/ someone else, or at another dmv (if possible). Otherwise, you can but crap broken parts and put them on for the test, then take them off, but that sucks too.
Blakout16
u have a cut on ur thumb.
H8DC3lica94
yea, i got the cut from that stupid light. burned my finger too!
anyways, i wish i could slap on my old front bumper and put the stock parts back on, but the front is molded to the fenders, and i dont have the old parts anymore. if i knew this earlier i would have done the test first before i put the body on.
sinner96ST
QUOTE (Blakout16 @ Nov 4, 2004 - 11:50 PM)
u have a cut on ur thumb.

biggrin.gif

something i noticed in this picture :

user posted image

it looks like there's a gap in between the skirt & body.. what's up with that?
H8DC3lica94
thats just bad lighting. check pics of the car on Chris's fotos

there shouldnt be any gaps cuz the whole kit is molded.
shin
yea you do have a cut on your thumb lol.... alrite.. replacing the plug for the headlights are easy, cost like $20 max, your car looks hot, but s**t always happens when it comes to inspection, when i got my GT, went for inspection and those f**kers checked everything, but then told me i failed inspection cause my rear tires were different brands......
dabbill
I am sorry but CA is F'ed up. When my car went to inspection they checked that I had head lights, tail lights, turnsignals. That was it heh. I could have had air bags gone, no crash bar, 4 different brans of tires in 4 different sizes and probly still passed lol.
vangSTa_celica
I am sorry but CA is F'ed up. When my car went to inspection they checked that I had head lights, tail lights, turnsignals. That was it heh. I could have had air bags gone, no crash bar, 4 different brans of tires in 4 different sizes and probly still passed lol.

way to make him feel better..haha biggrin.gif
thedevilmaycrie
i love the fact that i dont have to deal with the smog and inspection bs bwah hahaha military has its perks

-DMC
RedSunCelica
go back and show him that the body is straight and that it still has its front crash bar. if he trys to give you **** about the molding tell him to show you where in the book it says you cant mold your bumpers. becuase if its illegal im going to sue every body shop in socal for molding bumpers on imports.

as for the turn signlas and lights you should be able to fix that anu repass. if they still give you **** ill be more then happy to gowith you and raise / cause a scene at the DMV smile.gif
H8DC3lica94
lets get things strait. i havent gone to dmv yet. they havent looked at my car. an independant shop that is CA cetified checked my car. they werent able to find the side markers so they failed me. also my right low-beam burned out. So to solve the problem i replaces the harness of the low-beam and put on new bulbs. and i drilled on some jdm sidemarkers.

DMV has not seen my car. lets not get into an uproar on my behalf of misfortune.
Hanyo
yea, you have to get the light checked after an accident.

I had to take my dads truck shop so they could charge me 48 bucks to alighn the headlights and another 20 bucks for the stupid screw that holds the light in..

Only after that they would give the certificate.
coustoe
QUOTE (H8DC3lica94 @ Nov 5, 2004 - 5:31 PM)
lets not get into an uproar on my behalf of misfortune.

okay, then i dont care about your celica redface.gif redface.gif redface.gif
H8DC3lica94
hahhahahaha
H8DC3lica94
Alrite everything seems to be workin now on the celica.
and i read the report again to check them off.

heres the report:

Right Headlamp out
License Plate lights out
Has modified front end side marker lights missing/combo turn signal light

i think the shop is holding me against having my front end being different.
ima bring the car in the morning. if they fail me again i'll deffinately be pissed.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.