Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: noise and car shakes????
6G Celicas Forums > 6th Generation Celica > Engine/Transmission/Maintenance
latinomasfino
ok umm i just got home from school but on the way there my car when i accelerated started to kinda shake or it wasnt fluid ...also when i stoped at a light my car started to tremble a lil bit...when i put my car in park at the light it stopped a lil bit??? then when i got home and had my car running while i checked the engine bay...it started to make like "farting noise" like underneath the car?? what woudl this be? im waitng for my frined to come from school caues hes a mechanic but till then i was wondering what it could be?
Consynx
check your oil?

no clue...ill keep thinking
fastgt
fuel filter getting clogged?
need of a tune up maybe?
latinomasfino
QUOTE (fastgt @ Nov 5, 2004 - 8:50 PM)
fuel filter getting clogged?
need of a tune up maybe?

yea i just finish inspecting my car and turns up i haev a gasket leak where my cat should be...also i need a tune up we chekced the sparkplugs and one lost power soo im a have to change plugs wires and whatever els needs to be repllaced should be too much like $100 hopefully thats it ....kinda got scrared frown.gif
rjbibeau
put some gas-x in the gas tank haha i dunno dude it could be a lot of things
celicaspeed
Change your plugs wires rotor cap and clean your injecters and I dont mean add some injecter cleaner fluid into your gas!Get your injecters flowed and see if they are flowing all even.Clean your intake to, that will help.And always use the highest octane gas.
drdos
Sounds like a fuel problem. how many miles are on the motor? whens the last time you had ur oil change? clean ur injector's clean rht intake and also the thorotle body.
Consynx
highest octane gas???
our the stock spart plugs ready for that?
i just run 89 all the time, because the best my memory can serve is that 89 is required(or recommended)
Anub1s
87 is the bare minimum for our cars... I put 91 in because the manual says for better performance use 91 or better.
latinomasfino
ok well i did a tune up (plugs wires and cap and rotor) plus i inserted gasket in exhaust precat...but it was fine till i hear lil thump today ...while doing the tune up i noticed that thread of copper was comoing off of teh distributor so i need a new one now ....anyone know where i can getone for less than $188!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! at advance autoparts
Consynx
do a google search for Toyota Parts, there's a UsedToyotaParts.com or somethign like that that is costly, but sometimes fair
latinomasfino
QUOTE (Consynx @ Nov 9, 2004 - 1:55 AM)
do a google search for Toyota Parts, there's a UsedToyotaParts.com or somethign like that that is costly, but sometimes fair

i tired that but it even mroe like $225 damnnit ...too late i boutgh it form advance auto for $250 when i turn in the old core i get 50 bucks back so intotal its 200 frown.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2019 Invision Power Services, Inc.