Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Working on my website
6G Celicas Forums > 6th Generation Celica > General Discussion
Dr_Tweak
I'm sure some of the stuff isn't perfect, if you guys can take a look and give me some feedback that would be great.

http://www.phoenixtuning.com/

If you see anything in the content or website design that should be changed, post your comments! smile.gif
CheesyLobster
Very cool.
WannabeGT4
loose the frames and rework the format of the pages. like instead of having a small picture breaking up the paragraphs let the words wrap around it. the <big> tags aren't very efficient either, and having everything centered on the page will need to change as the site grows. also the use of cascading style sheets cleans up the code in each page and slightly lowers your average page size.
Sh0gunkid8721
too much text on the main page. Needs more animation, pics, or graphics or something.
Uppitycracker
I like it how it is man, simple and to the point. To many pages over do the aesthetic portion of the page and its just confusing.
Dr_Tweak
QUOTE (WannabeGT4 @ Nov 7, 2004 - 2:41 PM)
loose the frames and rework the format of the pages. like instead of having a small picture breaking up the paragraphs let the words wrap around it. the <big> tags aren't very efficient either, and having everything centered on the page will need to change as the site grows. also the use of cascading style sheets cleans up the code in each page and slightly lowers your average page size.

I really don't know how to use CCS, I don't suppose you could give me a hand with it?
creis
I would be happy to give you a hand with creating a great css script. css is the best, you can do basicly anything with it.

Your site is pritty good, i would add more color, and yeah loose the frames. maybe some borders, etc. all doable with css.

Example pages of my site, (i uploaded a bit of it to geocities) My Webpage
My real site will be hosted from my own sever so there are no limits to it, and to give me much more control. My favoret feature as of now, is my admin login, its done so that it will only give you the option to login if you have my admin setup on your computer.
WannabeGT4
QUOTE (raven_101 @ Nov 8, 2004 - 12:09 AM)
QUOTE (WannabeGT4 @ Nov 7, 2004 - 2:41 PM)

I really don't know how to use CCS, I don't suppose you could give me a hand with it?

It's been a long time since I've worked on websites so I'm a little rusty but I'll try to find some tutorials for you if you'd like.

I would be happy to give you a hand with creating a great css script. css is the best, you can do basicly anything with it.

Your site is pritty good, i would add more color, and yeah loose the frames. maybe some borders, etc. all doable with css.

Example pages of my site, (i uploaded a bit of it to geocities) My Webpage
My real site will be hosted from my own sever so there are no limits to it, and to give me much more control. My favoret feature as of now, is my admin login, its done so that it will only give you the option to login if you have my admin setup on your computer.

Creis the flash animation looks ok but the enter button needs to be changed so that the general area is clickable not just the pixels making up the letters.
ghostdog
creis I like your site, but the flash intro doesn't work in safari. my browser attempts to access the file at /preview.swf rather than /flash/preview.swf a pretty simple fix smile.gif

as for raven's site. its straightforward and to the point. the navigation is intuitive and the layout is easy to look at. I have no complaints
WannabeGT4
W3Schools
WebMonkey

The first site looks better from the little bit I've read but the second one is what I initialy learned from. Good luck and have fun.
creis
I know my old flash intro is crap, does not even have have sound. I maid it to more or less fill space and create a basis.

If you wana see what the site would look like withough the css go to the music section, i cut the css from it.

A real good basic book for web development is HTML 5th Edition (by Elizabeth Castro, Peachpit Press) I got the student edition because it has more depth to it. anyway it covers xhtml, and css, I think its a great book even for someone who already knows html, because it has quite a few of the little things that are not as common.
Dr_Tweak
QUOTE (creis @ Nov 8, 2004 - 5:49 AM)

If you can put something together for me and show me how to use it, I'll see if I can help you out one way or another.

I'm trying to stick with that fiery/red phoenix theme.

What about the content? Are the engine designations correct?
creis
If you can put something together for me and show me how to use it

I'll throw an example site together, and you can tell my what you think. If you like it i'll make a simple how to modify page for it as well.
SlowCelica94
Needs to look more business like. It comes off kiddy. Maybe some prices would help and showing the certification your mechanics have. Pics of the shop helps a lot too
Dr_Tweak
That would be great, hit me up at joshua@phoenixtuning.com when you have something... smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.