Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Best standalone?
6G Celicas Forums > 6th Generation Celica > Engine/Transmission/Maintenance
celicaspeed
Which one is the best and the easiet to set up?AEM.Wolftech,Haltech etc...And also were can you get it the cheapest!
FallenHero
everybody loves the megasquirt
Coomer
I hear that the Megasquirt isn't really easy to set up though. But it's definitely cheap. smile.gif
97sccelica
cheapest would be an SDS system(megasquirt doesnt count since its DIY)

for a usdm 6gc, there is no stand alone that is easier to setup than any other one.

its a lot of work, especially if you want to have cold start/warm start/ac running

im gonna do a megasquirt n spark on my 260z turbo.
celicaspeed
I have a 3sgte and how much are we talking and where do you get it?
FallenHero
can you use a mega squirt allong with the stock ecu? I thought I had heard something about this...
d3monc3lica
post links if possible please..........im interested in one down the road after a cpl paychecks.
97sccelica
QUOTE (FallenHero @ Nov 9, 2004 - 7:41 PM)
can you use a mega squirt allong with the stock ecu? I thought I had heard something about this...

yes

not sure how well it will work, but its very do-able
thedevilmaycrie
haltech is awsome buddie runs it in his skyline .... DOS based operating system
Fox-N-It2
QUOTE (FallenHero @ Nov 10, 2004 - 3:41 AM)

Yes you can use MS for fueling and the stock ECU for tach and speedo signal and dash sensor, AC and such.

You could also add a standalone spark controler for better control of timing. They can both be integrated togeather via Megasquirt n' Spark.

http://www.megasquirt.info

Im aboutt o have mine built and installed in my VW fox(2.0L and T3) and after that im attempting a 5SFTE on it biggrin.gif
CheesyLobster
Im sorry, but can someone explain what standalone is/does?
recneps
QUOTE (CheesyLobster @ Nov 10, 2004 - 6:34 AM)
Im sorry, but can someone explain what standalone is/does?

it replaces your ecu to give you totally different fuel maps and a better control of timing along with a slew of other things.
maikl
the best i can thing of is apex-i power-fc!!!!!!!!
tufy
QUOTE (maikl @ Nov 10, 2004 - 7:15 AM)
the best i can thing of is apex-i power-fc!!!!!!!!

probaply i ll go with power fc too. but most powerfull celicas all uses motec m4 pro rolleyes.gif its the best for our cars. but they are so expensive.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2018 Invision Power Services, Inc.