Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 7A-FTE enthusiasts
6G Celicas Forums > 6th Generation Celica > Engine/Transmission/Maintenance
tigernate29
I've added a few upgrades to my 7A-FE. Check them out in my profile and see what you think.
FallenHero
larger turbo?
tigernate29
Very large. I'm gonna have to get a hood scoop molded in, but still spools up very quickly. I am boosting 6psi with no major malfunctions.
nik
have you dynod it yet? looks good smile.gif
FallenHero
what happend to the other turbo?
tigernate29
I haven't put it on the dyno yet, but I plan on it sometime after Christmas (Times is tough on newlyweds). As for the other turbo, I have sold it. I wanted to go with the bigger one, and I just decided to get one brand new and I never put the smaller one on the car.
FallenHero
hey turbo guys, how does the 7aft feel? is it a strong combo, or just a little added kick?
tigernate29
QUOTE(FallenHero @ Nov 15, 2004 - 5:25 PM)
hey turbo guys, how does the 7aft feel?  is it a strong combo, or just a little added kick?
[right][snapback]206933[/snapback][/right]

I actually gave me more kick than I thought it would. You can really feel it pull through the powerband. My car felt like it had fairly good torque before but died off quickly, but now the power keeps the car accelerating pretty good. Now I know it isn't a 3S or anything like that, but it's alot of fun to drive and seems pretty safe and reliable. Overall I am extremely pleased with it.
FallenHero
what did you spend? Re-build or no? (sorry, can't see the year of your car right now. wink.gif
Fox-N-It2
50 trim T3T4 is a pretty good size turbo for a 1.8. Especially on the highway I would imagine.

What turbo did you have before? T3?
tigernate29
QUOTE(Fox-N-It2 @ Nov 16, 2004 - 12:16 AM)
50 trim T3T4 is a pretty good size turbo for a 1.8.  Especially on the highway I would imagine.

What turbo did you have before?  T3?
[right][snapback]207172[/snapback][/right]

Actually is a 57 trim 50 A/R exhaust 63 A/R compressor. This is the first turbo that I put on it. I was going to go with a standard T3 but I thought what the heck and opted for the larger one. I asked my local speedshop and they said that they use the same size on 1.6l SOHC all the time so I figured it'd work okay and it has. The only problem I am having is with fuel cut so if any of you guys can send a pic of your inline check valves or anything that may help my fuel cut please help me out on that. Thanks.

All in all with Midas doing custom exhaust and all parts it cost about 1200-1500. Somewhere in that range. It wasn't really too bad. I did have a few freebies such as my uncle (owner of K&B Racing) welded together my manifold and me and my dad did pretty much everything else (free labor). Definitely worth the money though. No rebuild yet, the car still runs super strong even for having 120 k on it.
d3monc3lica
wow kick ass, could you list the turbo accessories you have please?
Drocay
nice, it looks great.
tigernate29
QUOTE(d3monc3lica @ Nov 16, 2004 - 5:06 AM)
wow kick ass, could you list the turbo accessories you have please?
[right][snapback]207360[/snapback][/right]

It has internal wastegate with 10 lb. actuator, everything else I have on it is listed in my profile.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.