Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: awd
6G Celicas Forums > 6th Generation Celica > Engine/Transmission/Maintenance
importceli
how impossible is it to convert the celi to awd or rwd?
Doge
AHHHHHHHH!!!
97sccelica
inverse relationship with money

more money, less impossible

less money, more impossible
DamDirtyApes
wow theres this cool feature..... its called search
WannabeGT4
QUOTE(importceli @ Nov 16, 2004 - 5:30 PM)
how impossible is it to convert the celi to awd or rwd?
[right][snapback]207759[/snapback][/right]

just about as impossible as putting a 350Z engine in a Datsun Honeybee... (Monster Garage was on last night) biggrin.gif

I'd like to see a rear wheel drive 6th gen, so... good luck.
creis
just need the the awd trans, drive shaft, rear axil froma gt-4, and your good. but might as well get the whole gt4 if your gana go that far. I hear that the drive shaft holes etc are in all 6gcs (so toyota only had to make one chassie)

edit: also if you want just rwd take of the frunt frunt conector to the axil and mod the trans a bit, it will still spin where the frunt axil conector would be but the resistance would be gone, and all power will go to the back.

putting a 350Z engine in a Datsun Honeybee

I cant imagine how much cutting they did to the huneybee for that to work. wish i had seen it.
WannabeGT4
QUOTE(creis @ Nov 16, 2004 - 10:07 PM)
just need the the awd trans, drive shaft, rear axil froma gt-4, and your good. but might as well get the whole gt4 if your gana go that far. I hear that the drive shaft holes etc are in all 6gcs (so toyota only had to make one chassie)

edit: also if you want just rwd take of the frunt frunt conector to the axil and mod the trans a bit, it will still spin where the frunt axil conector would be but the resistance would be gone, and all power will go to the back.

I cant imagine how much cutting they did to the huneybee for that to work. wish i had seen it.
[right][snapback]207908[/snapback][/right]

I think it's being re-ran tonight at 12:00 central... that is if I read their confusing schedule right on discoverychannel.com
FallenHero
user posted image

Supersprynt
QUOTE(creis @ Nov 16, 2004 - 11:07 PM)

[right][snapback]207908[/snapback][/right]

Not to mention to change the rear 1/2 of the car, but pfffff thats easy.
Doge
QUOTE(creis @ Nov 16, 2004 - 9:07 PM)

It doesn't quite work like that... good idea though.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.