Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: celica st 1/4
6G Celicas Forums > 6th Generation Celica > Engine/Transmission/Maintenance
st_celica_killer
what the best time out there for a celica st at the track????? heard that it does high 16's and low 16's
Consynx
ST?
try high high 16 low 17, some even 18...i mean there can be GT's that run 17s

now that ive covered that, a weight reduction, tuning, and some simple bolt ons can have a great help. I think Speedtoe ran a low 16 with this type of idea.
st_celica_killer
so even with bolt on ..like cold air intake . header. exhaust....stage 1 clucth... its still could only do 16"s..
ghostdog
Kwanza ran a low 16 and I believe Speedtoe was in the high 15's

I think Speedtoe's mods were:

I/H/E, pulley, s-afc, and weight reduction
Digndoug
you guys got to keep in mind, its a low tuned economie engine.. an the times its pulling at nice for that.
Consynx
just turbo it tongue.gif

seriously guys, 16seconds is NOT fast at all, even GTs are slow

practically any new production model car or SUV runs 15's
the sports cars are starting to hit 14's more often, although the celica/mr2/eclipse/Civic/Integra all seem to be 15+ cars...
just yea, dont act fast, just have good handling, because i've heard stories of people having trouble with new mini-vans
ghostdog
those numbers are rediculously good for a car that has 110-115 hp at the crank stock. but yeah, 16s are not fast, no argument there wink.gif
trdevelopment
i ran 16.3 i would post time slips but i cant seem to get this damn photo bucket to work...
vangSTa_celica
nvm
mmerical
I ran a 16.9 in an automatic 94 st on 18's in '99. Trust me, I was just into show then, not performance but decided I would run it. My only mods at the time were a short ram intake and stock exhaust piping with a muffler. The only thing I had going for me was a gutted interior as it was being finished at the interior. Just shows you how lightening a car can affect its performance. I believe there was an article in SCC recently about weight savings on a Z and its affect on performance. Now that im older and basically out of the show scene I am a big fan of weight reduction on a car that I plan on racing. I have some pics of a tercel I am performing a 4efte swap in. The car has a steering wheel, fiberglass dash, pedal and shifter assembly and one seat. Thats about it, lol. Took me 8 hours to get all the tar off the floor. Oh the stupid things you do for your cars:)

matt
celicaspeed
I ran with my gts 16.2 and all I had was a air intake!
Blakout16
i've got a brand new clutch and flywheel... and sri and cat-back exhaust (2.5") and with 92 octane... i wonder what i can run at ... oh yeah and im a ST too.
CheesyLobster
There was a guy here with a time slip who had a NA ST. The ran quarter mile in 13.something. I believe he had a header, and some internal work. It might have been a 4-7Age, but still, thats the fastest non turbo A series block I've ever seen.
SlowCelica94
Kwanza was fully tuned (not easy for those who dont know what their doing) on his afc and on slicks.
playr158
yo with 18" rims.....huge sub in the back and good loads of weight i ran 18.349 against defgeph who rand about .1 sec faster or sumthing like that....if i go back to 14s with an empty clean car i can pull about 1.5 sec better i think maybe 2sec if i'm luck...

oh and i have a upgraded muffler (2.5") and front cold air intake......and a stage 1 clutch.....
SlowCelica94
QUOTE(playr158 @ Nov 22, 2004 - 8:25 PM)
yo with 18" rims.....huge sub in the back and good loads of weight i ran 18.349 against defgeph who rand about .1 sec faster or sumthing like that....if i go back to 14s with an empty clean car i can pull about 1.5 sec better i think maybe 2sec if i'm luck...

oh and i have a upgraded muffler (2.5") and front cold air intake......and a stage 1 clutch.....
[right][snapback]210423[/snapback][/right]

You could run maybe .3 faster, but over a second is very hopeful.
trdevelopment
QUOTE(playr158 @ Nov 22, 2004 - 8:25 PM)

[right][snapback]210423[/snapback][/right]

lol maybe about .5 faster if your lucky but not 1.5-2 secs... i striped my car down and ran 16.9 then second run on a 50 shot ran 16.3 so i doubt you will run 16s with your timeslip you posted... tongue.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.