Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: I cant make a decision
6G Celicas Forums > 6th Generation Celica > Engine/Transmission/Maintenance
Skate4mindgame
Alright here we go, I am planning on doing swap but as of what to swap i dont know theres so many decisions. Right now i currently have a 7AFE sitting on a stand in my garage, which i wanted to do the 7agte conversion with but im not sure anymore after reading alot more on the 4agze.

Time and money arent really a concern either, but i dont want to go with a 3sgte swap. As this car was bought for a project car and i have another car to drive, and will strictly be a summer/weekend car.

What do you guys think?

Supersprynt
4agze
Consynx
any reason for NOT wanting the 3S?
Supersprynt
i have a feeling he wants to be more original.
Skate4mindgame
Honestly it's the first toyota swap/toyota engine build up i have ever done(i have put a b18 into a 92 civic SI... not exactly much of a challenge). Being that i have a ST i wont have to worry about changing mounts or the trans, but yet i am still looking for an engine with great potential, and can handle a decent amount of boost (15-20ish).
Consynx
boost, definately GZE then
if you go 4A-GE you'd need to go backwards, and i dont have insight to the 7A-FTE/GTE but im sure a corolla forum, or OOBE has knowledge in that department.
Skate4mindgame
The 4age and 4agze have the same block, different head? i also know the gze has a lower compression making it better for turbo setups.
Consynx
exactly, the GE is a 20valve wich could help with efficiency, but the 16valve gze is IMO overall just a much better FI motor...it gives you a push start.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2018 Invision Power Services, Inc.