Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 2nd gen 3sgte tmic?
6G Celicas Forums > 6th Generation Celica > Engine/Transmission/Maintenance
celicaspeed
On ebay I saw a 3sgte looked like a st165 1st gen and they were selling it as a 2nd gen!Thats how I got screwed and I dont want someone else going thru what I went thru!But I dont know there might of been a st185 with the tmic water to air?Can anyone help me?
Mr_E
The Carlos Seinz/RC (europe/japan) was a 5th gen with a 2nd gen 3S-GTE and had water/air intercooling (pretty much exactly like the 3rd gen engine)

celicaspeed
It looks like a first or second 3sgte but with the first gen tmic!
celicaspeed
Is there anybody here that can help with this!
Coomer
What exactly are you asking? It looks like Mr. E answered your question in your first post.
Supersprynt
can you provide some sort of picture?
celicaspeed
Check on ebay under celica 3sgte and you will see the 1st gen 3sgte engine with a water to air tmic.But they claim that it is a st185!Could it be?Because mine looks the same!Let me know what you think!
Supersprynt
ohhh this one?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...4505039707&rd=1

Yeah thats ST165 - I sent them a msg - looks shady no warrantee and 30-60K awfully large gap there.
celicaspeed
Could there be a st185 from japan with that same tmic?Maybe the tmic is the same in japan?I dont know!
Supersprynt
no its ST165.
Supersprynt
The fixed it
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2019 Invision Power Services, Inc.