Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: fired up the celi today...white smoke *sigh*
6G Celicas Forums > 6th Generation Celica > Engine/Transmission/Maintenance
Benevolence
Ok so I started up the celica this morning (sure was cold!) and noticed more than usual amount of exhaust smoke and a slight hesitation when I cranked her up.

I did some reading around and the first think I crossed off the list was that it wasn't condensation from the cold morning since its still doing it now and its around 70 degrees.

So after reading and searching it seems like the coolant could somehow be getting mixed with the oil or I have a blown head gasket, so what I'm wondering is how much (general pricing) to get this thing fixed and an estimated down time to fix it.
thedevilmaycrie
hey bene, sounds like a head gasket... depending on how hard you run your car you should be good, but if you really want it fixed i can do it...
if you want to talk about it call me tonight, 760 231 1166 names bryan

-DMC
Hanyo
well if it was leaking water in your oil. then when you check your oil or the oil cap there should be some milky cream stuff in there.

wind
or take the radiator cap off before you start... start the car and check for bubbles
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2019 Invision Power Services, Inc.