Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Muffler
6G Celicas Forums > 6th Generation Celica > Engine/Transmission/Maintenance
lake1069
i'm looking for a muffler to put on my celica and looking for some suggestions b/c my previous car(mx-3) i had a OBX muffler with a volume control i loved it cause it was loud as hell but now i'm looking for something thats more quiet but dosen't sound like those $20 mufflers, especially b/c i live in condos and i'm tired of hearing it from the office that ppl that in the morning they are woken up by it. if you guys have any suggestion that be great thaxs
SlowCelica94
dyno max
Igor
QUOTE(lake1069 @ Nov 22, 2004 - 7:13 PM)
i'm looking for a muffler to put on my celica and looking for some suggestions b/c my previous car(mx-3) i had a OBX muffler with a volume control i loved it cause it was loud as hell but now i'm looking for something thats more quiet but dosen't sound like those $20 mufflers, especially b/c i live in condos and i'm tired of hearing it from the office that ppl that in the morning they are woken up by it. if you guys have any suggestion that be great thaxs
[right][snapback]210599[/snapback][/right]

I've got the same problem, want a good muffler, not very loud, but deep
celicaspeed
My personal favorite is apexi n1.I have one for sale with the jdm high flow resonater.Both of them never used or mounted.$300usd + shipping.
thedevilmaycrie
i have a nice low sounding muffler... its a obx one too...
the one with the duel pipe the come out then up...

-DMC
Jehuty
I was wondering how the stock muffler off a Supra TT would work. They are prettt high quality and look good. Should keep things quiet, as well as cheap.

And I gues they flow for at least 320 hp. =)

I would suggest staying away from any straight thru mufflers ifyou are staying NA tho.
playr158
why not straight through DOESN"T hurt N/A i made more power (noticable) with my 2.5 straight through then my DYNOMAX(30$ at advanced auto) 2.5" since it isn't straight and goes in a circle then out in the muffler.............but i'd suggest the dynomax super turbo muffler looks stock but sounds deep and good, and gives a lil more power
Jehuty
QUOTE(playr158 @ Nov 23, 2004 - 11:22 AM)
why not straight through DOESN"T hurt N/A i made more power (noticable) with my 2.5 straight through then my DYNOMAX(30$ at advanced auto) 2.5" since it isn't straight and goes in a circle then out in the muffler.............but i'd suggest the dynomax super turbo muffler looks stock but sounds deep and good, and gives a lil more power
[right][snapback]210936[/snapback][/right]

I just meant to keep things quiet. Turbo cars need less muffling because the turbo.

By the way, you said you gained going to 2.5 inch. Did you lose any torque anywhere on the band?
SlowCelica94
I went with a straight thru. Untill my engine is warmed up completely the exhuast pipes are hot, it sounds like ****. But once its warmed up, it's fine.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.